upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

Just now, wildphantom said:

Oppenheimer will be past Mission tomorrow, despite MI7’s 9 days (plus previews) head start.

Absolutely mind blowing. 

This was one nuclear bomb Ethan Hunt coudnt turn off in time.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Someone asked why Incredibles 2 did so well and I gave several answers.

And one of them was literally "Because it was well received".

And most of the others was indicating WHY it was well received.

Disliking it is not the same as acknowledging that it doesn't really hold up to *most* objective measures of quality from a narrative perspective. Which from even a cursory view of the film it doesn't - the villain's motivation makes quite literally no sense. But audiences - as is their prerogative - didn't care. Because that wasn't what they wanted from the film and the film provided what they did want. Nor did I even dislike it, and certainly didn't indicate it was universally disliked.

I don't see how I could have been any more even handed. Yet your post here is quite clearly a pop at mine.

No it’s not lol 

I didn’t even saw what you said, i read the other posts and gave my pov, simple as that 

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I think they meant it’s right around the corner literally. As in showing at your nearest multiplex right now. 

Underestimate THE MEG 2 at your own peril!

Here is some rare leaked footage of the box office landscape on August 4:

Spoiler

4634425626_e8a0047ec7_b.jpg

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Barbie is not woke lmao. A woke Barbie would have casted a non-white woman or a plus-size white woman to play Barbie.

I mean, there are a lot of non white, plus size, transgender, women with a disability etc playing Barbie 

They’re just not the stereotypical one, and let’s be honest, it wouldn’t even made sense to make a satire about what’s stereotypical using anything other than a gorgeous skinny white woman

But the very fact that there is a discussion about Margot’s Barbie being a stereotype is already something considered woke by these weirdos 

Maybe they’re quiet now or twisting narratives because the movie is a huge success, but don’t fall for that, this movie have everything that they hate and they was very vocal about it before the OW

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Depending on what Friday's number is, it could even go lower than that imo. So predicting 100M seems a bit too optimistic to me. Not saying it can't go that high but at the moment, I don't think 90M is the floor either. 

Personally, as much as 100m does seem a tad optimistic, I can't really see a scenario in where Barbie's Friday gross falls below it's Monday gross, that would be virtually unprecedented.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean, there are a lot of non white, plus size, transgender, women with a disability etc playing Barbie 

They’re just not the stereotypical one, and let’s be honest, it wouldn’t even made sense to make a satire about what’s stereotypical using anything other than a gorgeous skinny white woman

But the very fact that there is a discussion about Margot’s Barbie being a stereotype is already something considered woke by these weirdos 

Maybe they’re quiet now or twisting narratives because the movie is a huge success, but don’t fall for that, this movie have everything that they have and they was very vocal about it before the OW

They are trying to spin the narrative now, that is not woke, because they are being seen bad by less political people, and the movie is successfull. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Day and Date The Best said:

They are trying to spin the narrative now, that is not woke, because they are being seen bad by less political people, and the movie is successfull. 

Yeah, they always change the narrative when it doesn’t go the way they expect 

I vividly remember anti-woke crowd mad with James Cameron for criticize his own toxic manly behavior in the past and lots of vídeos talking about Avatar 2 being a flop in the making because it’s woke … they shut up right after the movie opened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Incredibly difficult. I dont think in all honesty that it could go much higher than roughly 1,65B even in the best case scenario.

Even 1.65B isn’t realistic, assuming it does $725M OS. It would need to get very close to TFA DOM gross. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Personally, as much as 100m does seem a tad optimistic, I can't really see a scenario in where Barbie's Friday gross falls below it's Monday gross, that would be virtually unprecedented.

That's exactly what happened with TDK. I'm pretty sure its second Friday number was below the first Monday by over a million. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Even 1.65B isn’t realistic, assuming it does $725M OS. It would need to get very close to TFA DOM gross. 

Even better!

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, they always change the narrative when it doesn’t go the way they expect 

I vividly remember anti-woke crowd mad with James Cameron for criticize his own toxic manly behavior in the past and lots of vídeos talking about Avatar 2 being a flop in the making because it’s woke … they shut up right after the movie opened.

Having spend (too) much time on YouTube, ive got the feeling long ago that many of the "anti-woke" channels there just continue to bash movies for beeing "woke" because that sells unbelievably well. Some of the videos have millions of views, those guys can make a living out of that.

• Like 3