upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

People also said TDKs weekday holds at the time were absurd. Doesn’t necessarily mean healthy weekend jumps can’t happen. It’s a matter of is it just spillover driving it or is it truly becoming a WOM phenomenon 

Ok, but that's not what you said. You're basing your weekend jumps on TDK but it hasn't been dropping like TDK during the weekdays. You can just say you made the numbers up cause you want them to be so big rather than try and justify them with a TDK comparison lol. It's fine if you think it can go that high, but your justification doesn't hold water.

I also hope you don't go about saying it's disappointing if it only does 90 million or something...

Edited by reddevil19

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Ok, but that's not what you said. You're basing your weekend jumps on TDK but it hasn't been dropping like TDK during the weekdays. You can just say you made the numbers up cause you want them to be so big rather than try and justify them with a TDK comparison lol. It's fine if you think it can go that high, but your justification doesn't hope water.

Well it’s not even my prediction, especially before the wed #, so… 

And the fact of it not being a CBM or sequel is what would counterbalance the stronger weekday holds against TDK in this scenario, for the record. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Closest on each gets a free month of Gold tier (no ads, more likes, etc.).

Must quote this post so it's easy to keep track!

Barbie - $88M

Oppenheimer - $50M

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Oppenheimer has already matched The Flash's domestic total in 5 days. I don't think anyone had THAT on their Bingo card for this year. 

Or Indy 5 under Raiders of the Lost Ark unadjusted.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

LOL. 5 days though? Seems awfully fast, given the content of both movies. I figured Michael Keaton's Batman would provide a pretty good boost for The Flash

• Haha 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

That one seems more believable to me, given that Indy 4 was rubbish and they waited forever to do the 5th movie. 

Yes, but failing to get to 390M Worldwide is ... its bad.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Barbie $85M

Oppenheimer $53M

• Like 1

Just now, Deep Wang said:

Weren’t you supposed to make that Marvels club over the weekend?  Since you are very confident of your abilities, we need that one in writing. 

Yes I am, I was unusually busy with helping some friends moving out during last weekend, but our The Marvels bet is very much on and I’ll come up with a pretty club for it during this weekend. Regarding my exchange with red, it was obviously tongue and cheek lol 

11 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Will the studio bosses learn any lessons? Nope...keep on running franchises into the ground. Such is the way of Hollywood

Hollywood studio bosses looking at this summer:

"The Flash flopped! How can that be?! Superhero movies always succeed, dont they?! Ah, it must be because the movie had not enough cameos! Next time, we make more cameos and dont forget, Supergirl doesnt need any lines honestly, we sell more action figures of her when she has more scenes just posing!"

"Indiana Jones 5 flopped! How can that be?! Indiana Jones is such an iconic character! Ah, it must be because it had no aliens! Indy 4 was the biggest grosser of the series and it had aliens! When we make Indy 6 with a 90 year old Ford, we gotta use those Aliens again! And dont forget Sean Connery, people love him with Ford! Wait, hes dead? No problem, just because an actor is dead doesnt mean we cant use them!"

"Mission Impossible 7 is underperforming! But how can that be?! Mission Impossible is beloved and Tom Cruise is just coming of Top Gun Maverick! Ah, it must be because the movie had too many women in it and also, it didnt open on the same weekend as Barbie! Oppenheimer opened besides Barbie and was succesfull! Man, we should have just moved Mission Impossible to the Barbie weekend! We wont make that mistake again!"

Edited by Brainbug

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Barbie 108.5M

Oppenheimer 59.5M

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Barbie $106,733,254

Oppy $58,735,236

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am fine with folks making bad BO prediction. But analyzing the box office based on knowledge is a different thing. I dont see how we can excuse someone following it for 30 years not understanding why Barbie stayed flat. Or when he made really bad projections after previews or weekend BO. That is not rocket science. 

Again, who cares? Sometimes people are wrong! All of our trackers here use the same numbers, and holy shit, sometimes they come to different conclusions.