katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

Just now, Chaz said:

Other than the Beatles, who outsold him? 

No one but just the Beatles doing it negates your comment. I wouldn't put Elvis in the top 20 biggest celebrities worldwide. In the US his celebrity was/is enormous but it didn't extend much beyond the anglosphere. 

1 minute ago, XXR Dar-Benn said:

No one but just the Beatles doing it negates your comment. I wouldn't put Elvis in the top 20 biggest celebrities worldwide. In the US his celebrity was/is enormous but it didn't extend much beyond the anglosphere. 

So, it took a group of four men to be the only music act that outsold him? Wow. 

Almost a quarter of the entire world population watched his Aloha special in 1973. Nobody else even comes close.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Indiana Jones and the Matzah of Depression.

Indiana Jones and the Cookies and Cream and Brownie Ice Cream of Sleepiness

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

So, it took a group of four men to be the only music act that outsold him? Wow. 

Almost a quarter of the entire world population watched his Aloha special in 1973. Nobody else even comes close.

Over 65% of the world saw the moon landing broadcast so I guess Neil Armstrong wins 🤣

• Heart 1

Just now, XXR Dar-Benn said:

Over 65% of the world saw the moon landing broadcast so I guess Neil Armstrong wins 🤣

No argument here! The single greatest technological achievement of the 20th century. 🙌

1 hour ago, G Doss said:

Do we get three consecutive $200 million-plus weekends?

TMNT has been well received and is only 90 minutes long. That's a lot of potential showings for a well-known IP.

I could see it doing $65-$70 million OW easily.  The last one did back in 2014.

Not with the current apathy surrounding the brand after the Bay movies diluted it. I don't see its 5-day opening frame going much beyond $50M at best. Its real test will be in the weeks ahead, depending on word of mouth.

33 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The most famous celebrity of all time is clearly Jesus Christ. After that maybe Barack Obama I guess.

I don't think those are celebrities. For historical figures no doubt but not celebrity in the context I think we're going for here.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

when i was a kid i thought Wayne Knight was the most famous actor in Hollywood because he was in like three movies that i liked. definitely in the discussion IMO.

Everybody loves Newman. 

• Like 1