kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

2 minutes ago, Squire said:

Probably because WB knew Batgirl was pure garbage. 

I don’t get why so many people are upset about the shelving of that movie. If it was as bad as advertised (like Halle Berry Catwoman bad), we should be thankful it was shelved. 

im saying why they’d didn’t also cancel this movie.

2 minutes ago, Squire said:

I don’t get why so many people are upset about the shelving of that movie. If it was as bad as advertised (like Halle Berry Catwoman bad), we should be thankful it was shelved. 

Nah because the studio that claims it was "that bad" also claimed Flash was THE GREATEST SUPERHERO MOVIE SINCE THE DARK KNIGHT. WB's quality judgment cannot be trusted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Squire said:

Naah call BS on that.

They probably shelved it at the time because they weren't going ahead with the rebooted Keatonverse. For a split second it looked like Batfleck was returning with Cavill, before the Gunn announcement was made and the remaining DCEU films imploded.

It's funny that WB and Universal have the top movies of the summer but yet it's balanced by other movies not doing so well. Strays is the second flop for Uni in two weeks although they can easily suck it up.

Sony is in a similar boat, Spider-Verse did well but they haven't exactly done well with their other movies.

8 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Nah because the studio that claims it was "that bad" also claimed Flash was THE GREATEST SUPERHERO MOVIE SINCE THE DARK KNIGHT. WB's quality judgment cannot be trusted.

Or maybe it just means it was even worse than The Flash. The initial articles claimed it tested like Black Adam and Shazam 2, and we know how those movies turned out.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's funny that WB and Universal have the top movies of the summer but yet it's balanced by other movies not doing so well. Strays is the second flop for Uni in two weeks although they can easily suck it up.

Sony is in a similar boat, Spider-Verse did well but they haven't exactly done well with their other movies.

Paramount is in the worst state and Disney can barely keep it together. Not a great time for the studios in general.

• Like 1

Just now, TomThomas said:

Or maybe it just means it was even worse than The Flash. The initial articles claimed it tested like Black Adam and Shazam 2, and we know how those movies turned out.

Black Adam and Shazam 2 were overall better films than The Flash 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Black Adam and Shazam 2 were overall better films than The Flash 🤷‍♂️

By any audience or critics metric they weren't, both low 6 while The Flash is high 6, the rest is opinion.

Edited by TomThomas

14 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

im saying why they’d didn’t also cancel this movie.

Simple. It was not the garbage fire Batgirl was. They thought it had a legit chance to make money. A theatrical release was a bad idea, though. 

Edited by Squire
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Naah call BS on that.

They probably shelved it at the time because they weren't going ahead with the rebooted Keatonverse. For a split second it looked like Batfleck was returning with Cavill, before the Gunn announcement was made and the remaining DCEU films imploded.

So you think Batgirl was actually good? Lol. Ok. 

Looked like a bad CW tv-movie. 

• Like 1

What are we looking at.....70% drop for BB? Maybe higher?

Black Adam - 59% drop
Shazam 2 - 69% drop
Flash - 72% drop

Looks like Barbie did a little better than I expected. Also became the 10th movie to break $20M in its 5th wknd (dom). Additionally, Oppy became part of the Top 5 IMAX WW club. Oppenheimer's performance is amazing considering it joins $2B+ behemoths and is a biography.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

I think Batman 2 will decrease. The first had a lot of curiosity factor but it doesn't seem to have penetrated the pop culture or have much staying power

My thoughts too, I think it needs be better than the first one to have a chance at increase.