kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Beetle should have stayed a streaming movie on MAX, the OS audience has completely rejected the movie. Under Shazam 2 OS OW is humiliating!

I think the prior plan of having lesser known characters debut on Max then make the move to theatrical, if they prove popular enough is the way to go. Only difference is I’d do a show instead of a movie! Films don’t belong on steaming 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I always think Blue Beetle is at his most popular with Booster Gold.  And the Blue Beetle with Booster Gold is not Jaime.

Like other characters, they made the wrong movie with the wrong character.  This Blue Beetle should have only been introduced in his team, not solo.  The more iconic Blue Beetle probably could have been done in a buddy comedy with Booster.

In what reality is Ted Kord the more iconic Blue Beetle? Lol Jaime is infinitely more popular than both Booster Gold and Ted Kord. He has more solo issues than both those characters combined! If any character is a team character it’s those two, who need the JLI cast to be interesting. 

But yes I agree, Jaime should have made his debut with the Teen Titans first before being spun off

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Blue Beetle  bombed because it's a Blue Beattle movie. The end. But I know that does not fill up multiple pages of a this forum  so let's go on and on for pages about stuff the casuals don't give a shit about besides the simple fact that they didn't give a shit about a blue beetle movie .  The failure of this means nothing and I mean nothing for Superman Legacy. 

It won’t effect Superman Legacy or even Brave and the Bold because those two are DC’s most iconic characters and they always have an audience. It will however effect all those other projects Gunn is trying to launch! Why on earth would you do The Authority, Swamp Thing, or Supergirl when the likes of Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam, Black Adam and Blue Beetle all bombed? Gunn needs to prioritize the A-listers! Get a new Wonder Woman and Aquaman film to go along with the Batman and Superman films, otherwise it’ll just be a repeat of the DCEU. 

If you want to adapt the B-list characters, send them to Max as a show (like Booster Gold and Peacemaker). If they prove popular enough, bring them into the films 

edit: Superhero fatigue is very real

Edited by El Gato

3 minutes ago, Squire said:

While it’s not an Indy 5 disaster, it is bummer this movie isn’t doing better than it is. Somehow it’s doing worse than Fast X. Ugh. 

The fact that the Mission movies have never hit the box office peaks of the Fast movies is a big UGH. But them's the breaks in this unfair world. And I like the Fast movies for the most part but still. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Gato said:

It won’t effect Superman Legacy or even Brave and the Bold because those two are DC’s most iconic characters and they always have an audience. It will however effect all those other projects Gunn is trying to launch! Why on earth would you do The Authority, Swamp Thing, or Supergirl when the likes of Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam, Black Adam and Blue Beetle all bombed? Gunn needs to prioritize the A-listers! Get a new Wonder Woman and Aquaman film to go along with the Batman and Superman films, otherwise it’ll just be a repeat of the DCEU. 

If you want to adapt the B-list characters, send them to Max as a show (like Booster Gold and Peacemaker). If they prove popular enough, bring them into the films 

Well considering Superman Legacy is the only greenlit movie so far will see how many of these movies even get made, whether Legacy delivers or not.

I want to remind you that Superman didn't have a big success since Donner's days. Man of Steel was super hyped, with great trailers, Nolan as a producer and Snyder before he became a joke, and it didn't even cross 700 mln. There's a big chance Superman Legacy won't meet expectations and kill DCU altogether. Being good is not enough, it needs to be better than that, it needs to be special to have a chance to succeed in completely changed landscape, the kind of special where WOM would carry it.

Edited by TomThomas

39 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

I want to remind you that Superman didn't have a big success since Donner's days. Man of Steel was super hyped, with great trailers, Nolan as a producer and Snyder before he became a joke, and it didn't even cross 700 mln. There's a big chance Superman Legacy won't meet expectations and kill DCU altogether. Being good is not enough, it needs to be better than that, it needs to be special to have a chance to succeed in completely changed landscape, the kind of special where WOM would carry it.

It won’t have anything to do with the endlessly dreadful since 2016 DCEU.

It’ll do fine.

Same way The Batman 2 and Joker will. All these flops are primarily because they’re in a cinematic universe that was never really liked that much from the get go, and the denial about that needs to end.

Edited by FunkMiller

3 hours ago, TomThomas said:

By any audience or critics metric they weren't, both low 6 while The Flash is high 6, the rest is opinion.

Critics wise yes Flash has better scores but audience wise both Shazam 2 and Black Adam have better Cinemascore and verified RT reviews which are the only 2 reliable and verified scoring system out there. Even Metacritic user review have Black Adam higher than Flash. 

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

What are we looking at.....70% drop for BB? Maybe higher?

Black Adam - 59% drop
Shazam 2 - 69% drop
Flash - 72% drop

I doubt it will drop as much as the latter two. Shazam 2 faced John Wick in its second weekend and The Flash had awful audience scores. Blue Beetle does not have any big openers in its 2nd weekend (except Gran Turismo and thats not a big opener) and its audience metrics are better than The Flash. Plus with summer coming to an end and more schools opening weekend holds should start getting a bit better. It likely won't hold as well as BA did and will likely fall in the 60's region though. 

2 hours ago, BadAtGender said:

I hope that the end result is all of the studio conglomerates breaking up into pieces 

Usually in times of financial turmoil mergers and takeovers are more likely than breaking up imo. I mean look at banks and financial institutions during and post the Great Recession, many of them merged and became even more "Too Big To Fail" (which btw is an excellent movie if anyone has not seen it yet)

• Like 2

Yeah Barbiehiemer rocked the box office world but otherwise  it's really been a shit summer tbh.

Thread gonna be boring for a while.. Nov provided they don't shift release dates for films is when  shits gets interesting again.

May be five nights at Freddy and saw can surprise.

Nun 2 and equalizer should pretty much do as expected.

Don't know about killers of the flower moon boX office potential .

Elektra could be one other 21st century superhero flick BB beat for OW admissions. It would be close though. Just imagine telling WB that DCEU a decade down the line would be churning out Elektra levels bombs. Every exec there prob would have laughed in your face. 

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Barbie not maintaining as much of a weekend lead on JW as I would have liked. Looking like it could be a close race. Any 700 chances are dead now. I still don’t understand why TGM had the late legs it did, but whatever. 

old people.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Barbie not maintaining as much of a weekend lead on JW as I would have liked. Looking like it could be a close race. Any 700 chances are dead now. I still don’t understand why TGM had the late legs it did, but whatever. 

JW made another 62m, barbie needs 85 to win race.