RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

23 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Taylor is a bit odd, she’s extremely capitalist, very obviously extracting as much money as possible off her rabid fanbase, but she also does stuff like this frequently I think?

No one is forcing anyone to purchase her products. I'm a fan and I bought one vinyl edition of her upcoming album, even though she released more than half a dozen other versions for fans to collect. I just don't care. And it doesn't make me more or less a fan, I simply do not want to manage owning and organizing all that extra stuff, and I find it to be a personal waste cause I'm not creating some massive display shrine in my home. I went to the tour once, and I'll be seeing the concert film once, on opening night.

What might be odd is that Taylor is the only musical artist left/currently who can pull large numbers and create massive success with a physical product, and the various versions definitely help that. It's not odd that she, like all other artists, participate in it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, harry713 said:

I'm a fan and I bought one vinyl edition of her upcoming album

Speaking of 1989TV, what are we thinking for 1st week US sales? I'm going with 1.25-1.35M units.

For non-music trackers, 1st week sales are akin to OW box office. In the US, 20 albums have moved more than 1 million units during opening week. In 2015, Adele had the "Avengers: Endgame" of openings by moving just under 3.5 million units in the 1st week. That was nearly 50% higher than the 2nd biggest 1st week ever. No one has ever gotten close to that number, and likely never will again. Even Adele's next album opened nearly 75% smaller. 

Taylor is the only artist in history with more than 3 first weeks over 1 million units sold, and has actually done so 5 times. By my count, 1989TV will become her 6th over 1 million first week sales. Her current personal record is her most recent total new album, Midnights, which moved 1.58M units its first week (7th biggest all-time). Midnights is also the only artist this decade to open to over 1M units. As streaming has become the go to form of music consumption, total units has slowly dropped. 

This has been your US music tracking TED Talk. 

Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards

22 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

Speaking of 1989TV, what are we thinking for 1st week US sales? I'm going with 1.25-1.35M units.

For non-music trackers, 1st week sales are akin to OW box office. In the US, 20 albums have moved more than 1 million units during opening week. In 2015, Adele had the "Avengers: Endgame" of openings by moving just under 3.5 million units in the 1st week. That was nearly 50% higher than the 2nd biggest 1st week ever. No one has ever gotten close to that number, and likely never will again. Even Adele's next album opened nearly 75% smaller. 

Taylor is the only artist in history with more than 3 first weeks over 1 million units sold, and has actually done so 5 times. By my count, 1989TV will become her 6th over 1 million first week sales. Her current personal record is her most recent total new album, Midnights, which moved 1.58M units its first week (7th biggest all-time). Midnights is also the only artist this decade to open to over 1M units. As streaming has become the go to form of music consumption, total units has slowly dropped. 

This has been your US music tracking TED Talk. 

Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards

I think presales were reported to have topped 800k, and we still have almost a month to go, and I think by release it could be close to 1m in presales. Add 300-400k purchases the week of, and an additional 300k equivalent units from first week streams and I think she could top Midnights at this point. 1.6-1.8m is my guess at this point. 1989 is her biggest era by far so it's going to get the most casual courtesy spins from streamers of all her TV's. 

17 minutes ago, harry713 said:

I think presales were reported to have topped 800k, and we still have almost a month to go, and I think by release it could be close to 1m in presales. Add 300-400k purchases the week of, and an additional 300k equivalent units from first week streams and I think she could top Midnights at this point. 1.6-1.8m is my guess at this point. 1989 is her biggest era by far so it's going to get the most casual courtesy spins from streamers of all her TV's. 

That would be a phenomenal figure and I hope you're right. The last figure I heard was about 850K presold albums but I'm hesitant to trust those numbers. Anything over Midnights would be crazy for a re-recording. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

That would be a phenomenal figure and I hope you're right. The last figure I heard was about 850K presold albums but I'm hesitant to trust those numbers. Anything over Midnights would be crazy for a re-recording. 

And honestly, just topping the first week of the 1989(Stolen Version) would be unreal. Everything after that is just icing on the cake. 

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

What are the odds on a new ad for The Eras movie debuting during Sunday Night Football?

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story.gif

========

You know, I keep coming back to that mini-conversation we had months back in the CC thread about what could possibly be the "weirdest culture clash" when it came to Swifties and sports (this was even before the Kelce rumors started swirling).

Didn't even bothering mentioning it, unless it was further into the convo, but I do recall thinking at the time that the most normie possible situation would have been a Swift/NFL crossover, and here we are.  The NFL, by far, has the largest reach when it comes to the American public, and cuts across almost all demos to one degree or another.

Travis Kelce himself is a bit of a wildcard, instead of being, oh, a QB or WR or even showboating DB/safety.  Still, as noted in this thread, he's no stranger to the reality scene, either.

Remembers how that convo got started in the first place:

On 5/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Taylor dating a top athlete would have been fun from the pop culture angle of watching the fandoms collide. I'm wondering which major sport and Swifties would have the least overlap...

Got any Lotto numbers you feel like sharing with us? :lol: 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Got any Lotto numbers you feel like sharing with us? :lol: 

Ha ha, no luck so far. If only I could manifest the celebrity pairings I wanted to happen (j/k the world doesn't need another clubchalamet)...

As much attention as this love story is getting, I'm also seeing a sizable sports bro backlash to Taylor "invading" their space, why do they have to hear about her "teen girl" crap in the football world, etc. If these people weren't fans of hers anyway then it doesn't really change much for Taylor, but maybe it hurts Kelce's brand? However he might gain enough new admirers to more than make up for any falloff of NFL fans.

The movie comes out in 2 weeks and  it's another month before 1989: "Telce" might want to pace themselves with their antics.

• Like 1

And now .after avoiding political statemtns, she issues a statement blasting  Systematic Racism,guarantted to make her the target of the Anti Woke MAGA crowd.

Of course,being attacked by those jerks will only make her more popular.

Well played, Taylor, Well played.

• Knock It Off 1

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And now .after avoiding political statemtns, she issues a statement blasting  Systematic Racism,guarantted to make her the target of the Anti Woke MAGA crowd.

Of course,being attacked by those jerks will only make her more popular.

Well played, Taylor, Well played.

That crowd already Xeeted like below :-)

1 hour ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

Season 3 What GIF by The Lonely Island

I mean, Taylor endorsed candidates in the 2018 midterms and the 2020 presidential election? She spent a long time avoiding politics (she did start out in 2006) but that changed several years ago. That's why Clay Travis and the rest of that ilk are posting ridiculous nonsense about how Kelce's unmanly for dating Taylor; they already hated that they couldn't pull the "get woke go broke" card on her and now she's the biggest story in their big alpha male sport.

Speaking of which...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 7:43 AM, Dandeak2000 said:

Cineworld said they never came to an agreement so it will not be showing in Cineworld in the UK

https://twitter.com/cineworld/status/1706685681039261959?t=8sMYSfvFgGxTKtxDKgRBwQ&s=19

Looks like they have come round to their senses. Its now booking on their website.

• Like 1

I have watched 2 concerts on cinemas, Coldplay and the concert of an italian artist. The only annoying thing is people standing in front of you (in my experience nothing like that happened). 

Then of course everything (people clapping, singing etc..) It's just good and fun while you are there. 

On 9/30/2023 at 2:26 AM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I mean, Taylor endorsed candidates in the 2018 midterms and the 2020 presidential election? She spent a long time avoiding politics (she did start out in 2006) but that changed several years ago. That's why Clay Travis and the rest of that ilk are posting ridiculous nonsense about how Kelce's unmanly for dating Taylor; they already hated that they couldn't pull the "get woke go broke" card on her and now she's the biggest story in their big alpha male sport.

Speaking of which...

these conservatives are scared cause if she pulls an Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pennsylvania the votes for democrats upon under 40 women would grew up of like +1400% 😇

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1