CJohn

FLOP WEEKEND THRE4D | EXPEND4BLES GIG4BOMBS WITH 8.0M OW | HORROR WINS, THE REST LOSES | The Post-Bomb Venice Thread and Pre-Bomb Creator Thread | WE BOMBING, BOYS!

4 hours ago, Giorno said:

Someone should make a buddy cop action movie with Arny and Sly

As someone who just watched Last Action Hero and Demolition Man this weekend, that would’ve been so fun in the early aughts. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Hmm, I don't know what to see this weekend.

At least, BOTTOMS is out on digitial.

Haunting in Venice. Didn't like the other two Poirot movies, but it's genuinely a blast to watch. And very spooky if you want to get into the beginning of spooky season (the former Bed Bath and Beyond near my house got turned into a Spirit Halloween and I died laughing lol)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

As someone who just watched Last Action Hero and Demolition Man this weekend, that would’ve been so fun in the early aughts. 

Very sad the boys were beefing in their heyday. A Stallone-Schwarzenegger action comedy would have been an absolute bop. Iconic. An easy contender for the biggest hit of 1987. It would have also likely been the gayest and straightest movie of all time.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eric Ross said:

Very sad the boys were beefing in their heyday. A Stallone-Schwarzenegger action comedy would have been an absolute bop. Iconic. An easy contender for the biggest hit of 1987. It would have also likely been the gayest and straightest movie of all time.

RIIIGHT. 

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Go see Stop Making Sense if it's playing anywhere near you this weekend. You will not regret it.

Plan is for tomorrow. Only listened to an occasional Talking Heads song, so I have no idea what to expect. But I guess that's what makes it fun!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eric Ross said:

Haunting in Venice. Didn't like the other two Poirot movies, but it's genuinely a blast to watch. And very spooky if you want to get into the beginning of spooky season (the former Bed Bath and Beyond near my house got turned into a Spirit Halloween and I died laughing lol)

The amount of abandoned buildings I've seen turned into Spirit Halloween...too many to count. But, I'm glad someone is getting their coin and spook on!

I was considering watching it, but I don't know who I'd go with. :(

Go with me? ❤️

https://deadline.com/2023/09/box-office-expendables-4-1235553682/

Friday looks to be around $3.3M vs. the near $6M of Expendables 3 back in 2014.

Second is New Line’s Nun II at 3,536 theaters with $2.2M today and a third weekend of $7.4M, -49% for a running total by EOD Sunday of $68.2M.

Third goes to 20th Century Studios/Disney’s second weekend of A Haunting in Venice at 3,305 theaters for a Friday of $1.85M, and 3 day of $5.8M, -59% for a running total of $24.9M.

Fourth is Sony’s The Equalizer 3 at 3,270 theaters, with a fourth Friday of $1.3M, 3-day of $4.5M, -38%, and a running total of $81M.

Fifth is Warner Bros. Barbie with $900K-plus today, and a tenth weekend, boosted by Imax, of $3.5M, -8% for a running cume by Sunday of $630.7M.

Edited by Giorno
  • Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/09/box-office-expendables-4-1235553682/

FRIDAY MIDDAY: Uh, it’s going bound to be another low weekend at the box office, possibly lower than last weekend second worst of 2023 ($62.8M). How is that? Well, Millenium Media and Lionsgate’s Expendables 4 is coming in currently below expectations with $8M-$10M for the weekend at 3,518 theaters, which would rep the lowest for the Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham franchise. Friday looks to be around $3.3M vs. the near $6M of Expendables 3 back in 2014.

RelishMix spotted grey clouds on social media ahead of the weekend for the fourthquel. First of all, in the nine years since Expendables 3, the pic’s pre-release awareness levels were running 22% under action-adventure genre levels with a total draw across Facebook, X, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok of just over 100M.

In addition, there’s mixed, critical and sarcastic chatter about Expendables 4 on social media: While fans wonder where the story is headed, “they’re questioning casting, location, past installments and the next one”. That said, RelishMix notices that “the levels of global, intention chatter clearly show that this is connecting with a global audience.” Also “fans are wondering why Terry Crews is missing from this one — and delighted that Jason Statham, Sly and Megan Fox is on the mix to balance the roster.”

Second is New Line’s Nun II at 3,536 theaters with $2.2M today and a third weekend of $7.4M, -49% for a running total by EOD Sunday of $68.2M.

Third goes to 20th Century Studios/Disney’s second weekend of A Haunting in Venice at 3,305 theaters for a Friday of $1.85M, and 3 day of $5.8M, -59% for a running total of $24.9M. Kenneth Branagh’s previous Hercule Poirot movie, Death on the Nile had a better second weekend of $6.5M and had a better hold at -49%.

Fourth is Sony’s The Equalizer 3 at 3,270 theaters, with a fourth Friday of $1.3M, 3-day of $4.5M, -38%, and a running total of $81M.

Fifth is Warner Bros. Barbie with $900K-plus today, and a tenth weekend, boosted by Imax, of $3.5M, -8% for a running cume by Sunday of $630.7M.

• Like 1