SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

FYI I have not tracked Renaissance for ages. I have to tell I way overestimated Eras after OD where it had the biggest presales I have ever seen. That said Renaissance OD was like 15-20% of Eras even at MTC1 where its over performing big time. For any other genre I would not compare movies where presales are so far apart. Still that is the only movie which is comparable to this one and that movie just did not sell much after 1st few days of presales. 

I have said this before but one thing going for Renaissance is Beyonce is releasing this on thursday from the beginning and so there is no reason for last minute pivot like Eras. So its selling tickets for all 4 days and so there is something to that. 

Based on your question above, 20m OW seems to be safe bet even based on initial presales and how Eras ended. We have to look at it post thanksgiving to get more accurate picture.  

• Like 1

I keep getting lot of pings on Renaissance. 

Renaissance MTC1 previews - 87008/317324 2199675.00 1586 shows// +3776 over past 16 days

Not sure how to extrapolate from this. its in low 20s% of Eras in gross while the shows are not so full as well compared to how crazy it was for Eras. 

@keysersoze123 could you expand on this a bit? is it still on track for at least 20m opening weekend?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jake4 said:

I keep getting lot of pings on Renaissance. 

Renaissance MTC1 previews - 87008/317324 2199675.00 1586 shows// +3776 over past 16 days

Not sure how to extrapolate from this. its in low 20s% of Eras in gross while the shows are not so full as well compared to how crazy it was for Eras. 

@keysersoze123 could you expand on this a bit? is it still on track for at least 20m opening weekend?

18m_20m probably.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:02 AM, Dreamss said:

No updates on how it will perform opening weekend? Where is everyone?

Renaissance Thursday preview comps/predictions as of November 21st: 

- abracadabra1998 ($2.87M)

- Hilts ($1.99M)

- keysersoze123 ("thinking 5m previews and high 20s OW. ")

- Porthos ($2.49M)

Edited by BOfficeStats

11 hours ago, BOfficeStats said:

Renaissance Thursday preview comps/predictions as of November 21st: 

- abracadabra1998 ($2.87M)

- Hilts ($1.99M)

- keysersoze123 ("thinking 5m previews and high 20s OW. ")

- Porthos ($2.49M)

Oh there is big gap between 2m and 5m tho?

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

2m is impossible as 1 MTC1 was at 2.34m and there are no discounts for these tickets. Its not doing well everywhere like Eras was. 

can you break this down in the way i can understand? lmao..what do you predict for OW? Thanks