147 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Avengers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I watched this again over the weekend and it is still as good now as it was last year. It's been about 10 months since I saw it and the humour is still as fresh as ever. I still laughed at Puny God, He's adopted, Hulk punching Thor and everything else. Still exhilirated by the Avengers fighting each other and still left breathless with the last 30 minutes. A near perfect film.

• Like 2

I watched this again over the weekend and it is still as good now as it was last year. It's been about 10 months since I saw it and the humour is still as fresh as ever. I still laughed at Puny God, He's adopted, Hulk punching Thor and everything else. Still exhilirated by the Avengers fighting each other and still left breathless with the last 30 minutes. A near perfect film.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Movie that gross an unusually big amount of money, connect and appeal to a broader audience, loved by a lot of people, naturally become "over-rated" these days.

I mean I guess its still OMG awesome cause its the Avengers, but I find IM1 to be a better "film".

That said when I walked out the theater I thought this was a perfect summer blockbuster. 

Agreed. I think this is up there with Jurassic Park and co. as one of the best blockbusters ever. 

ELABORATE

The action scenes are amazing. Awesome. Delightful. Wonderful. The rest varies from good (Goldblum, some of the Samuel L. Jackson and Attenborough stuff) to gooey (practically anything with the kids). I love the movie, but it's become this hallowed vision of perfection when it isn't really.

The action scenes are amazing. Awesome. Delightful. Wonderful. The rest varies from good (Goldblum, some of the Samuel L. Jackson and Attenborough stuff) to gooey (practically anything with the kids). I love the movie, but it's become this hallowed vision of perfection when it isn't really.

OKAY, YOU ARE WRONG BUT YOU SAID YOUR OPINIONS ELOQUENTLY SO I ALMOST UNDERSTAND YOUR THINKING. 

I'm not wrong at all. Or do you mean to say you squee with delight every time Joseph Mazzello's on screen? :P

Well I rarely squee over anything, but as far as "annoying-but-obligatory-kid-characters" go I think Jurassic Park has some of the best. They never annoyed me.

• Like 1

Well I rarely squee over anything, but as far as "annoying-but-obligatory-kid-characters" go I think Jurassic Park has some of the best. They never annoyed me.

They're above average but they're still "annoying and obligatory", and the subplot of Grant not liking kids and then, gosh darn it, falling for them.... yeesh. It's not horrible but it's not exactly elegant or neatly done, it's just sort of sledge-hammered in there. (The movie improved on the book in several areas, but that wasn't one of them).

They're above average but they're still "annoying and obligatory", and the subplot of Grant not liking kids and then, gosh darn it, falling for them.... yeesh. It's not horrible but it's not exactly elegant or neatly done, it's just sort of sledge-hammered in there. (The movie improved on the book in several areas, but that wasn't one of them).

Never bothered me. I know its Spielberg going crazy with his syrup, but it worked for me. I like all the characters in that movie,

• Like 1