XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why have so many people declined roles in this film? Surely a red flag. 

It’s going to be a multi film contract, likely 3 F4 films, 2 Avenger films (if the slate doesn’t change) and cameos.

Anyway am all for this if true. Totally detest fan casting shenanigans so I just don’t care about a mostly TV actor not getting the job cause he kind looks how a character was drawn in the 60s.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, Mojoguy said:

No director wants to be responsible for directing the first Avengers flop. Would be a career killer. So many are wisely passing on the project.

For directors I think the bigger issue is the Marvel machine. It’s become quite toxic but yes as you say the director holds the bomb if it flopps despite it mostly being some intern in the Disney offices who happened to be really into comic books when the industry nearly died.

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why have so many people declined roles in this film? Surely a red flag. 

It's Sue Storm-centric. The pool of recognizable actors willing to play second fiddle in a troubled franchise is probably pretty small.

I hope the Pedro Pascal rumor is not true but alas, it seems like there's a lot of smoke there and I could totally see him doing it for the paycheck. IMO, he's not attractive but I'm not sure how unpopular that opinion is. That whole thirsting over Oberyn Martell thing seems like a lifetime ago.

Edited by Dreadnought

42 minutes ago, DInky said:

Adam Driver would have been an odd choice as well. I would just like to see Krasinski in the role again.

It really is weird when Adam Driver is a top choice for an attractive, charismatic lead. The dearth of 'stars' in their 30s is really beginning to bite.

I hope it's him because it means the worst era of fancasts is over. Because dear God it was bad. Years, literally years, of Handsome Man, Random attractive blondes, teen hearthrob, and First Jewish Actor I Can Think Of

Edit: oh and also Ben got Random Tall Muscular Man. No, Terry Crews and Dwayne Johnson would not be good picks for Ben Grimm

Edited by SpiderByte
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

C'mon, Dwayne Johnson is the most inspired casting for The Thing that ever existed.

The Rock is already going to be Maui in the live action Moana film. That's like the most brilliant casting EVER, and totally not Rock forcing Disney to get it made!

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Why didn't they just cast Krasinski again? He was good in MoM.

Probably because dude doesn’t have the time for it. Krasinski likes to make movies and being in a big franchise limits time for that so unless Feige was giving him control, it wasn’t going to happen.