XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Honestly if they’re going to space thing out more then F4 moving to November seems like a reasonable bet with Blade moving.. Don’t think it’s a crisis tho if it stays at July. Would be just like 2018/2019 release schedule basically. But July is stacked so moving to November wouldn’t be the worst. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 2:46 PM, Insomnia said:

That's great news. I'm starting to get a bit old for Marvel but I do kind of miss being hyped about the MCU. People criticized the "hyping the next big thing" nature of Marvel movies but I think that was its charm. That's what made it work. It's like looking forward to next weekend's episode of your favourite cartoon as a kid, or the next issue in a comic run. I viewed every MCU film not just as an Iron Man film or Captain America film, but as the next chapter in the overall story arc of the whole universe. It was fun!

The charm has worn out with the General audience.

I think Marvel films will , though stil tied into a common "universe" will try to stand on their own more then they have in the past.

One thing is sure, having to watch several TV series as well as movies to keep up with the MCU involved a bigger investment in time then a lot of people were willing to make.

Things have changed since 2019 and Endgame. What worked before is not woriking with audiences now.

On 6/24/2024 at 10:17 AM, SpiderByte said:

There is really no reason for them to change the title again. New World Order was mainly because it's associated with some antisemitic conspiracy theories...and the actor playing the main villain happens to be Jewish. But the current one isnt close to being and enough to require changing.

I get the sick feeling some here don't get the "Brave New World" title is a reference to the classic Aldous Huxley Distopian novel of the same name.

I would guess the most likely big news is a new name for Avengers 5 and probably bringing out the main cast for that. Maybe an announcement/casting for the big villain for that movie too. They're also likely to save at least a few things for D23 since Disney is going massive on that this year.

I'm expecting them to go big.  The slate is fairly empty and there hasn't been a big announcement in 2 years. 

Confidently, footage from CA4 (public), Thunderbolt (private), Agatha (public), Wonderman (maybe private), Daredevil (private).

Should fill out all film announcements up until Secret Wars (ie all of Phase 6).  Ths includes Shang-Chi 2, Wanda movie (?), DS 3, Armor Wars release date, maybe X-Men, whether before or after Secret Wars.

Will probably announce a Kang actor/character replacement.  Will show FF in costume through a promo still.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think the big closer could be Spider-Man. Regardless of when it comes out, it is still happening

Has Marvel Studios ever announced a Spider-Man film at one of their events? Doesn't Sony always do it since they still own it?

31 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Has Marvel Studios ever announced a Spider-Man film at one of their events? Doesn't Sony always do it since they still own it?

Homecoming was part of the Marvel panel in 2016

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

The announcements have always been made by Sony but they've had Spider-Man at SDCC before so working something out with them isn't impossible. But they also definitely can't do it at D23 so if it's coming anywhere SDCC is it.

Edited by SpiderByte

I mean we'll see. Everytime it's a D23 year I expect them to go big there and and be more contained at SDCC and it never happens. D23 gets the holdovers.

Not even bothering to entertain that thought again. They're probably going all out at SDCC.

Edited by justnumbers

I didn't even think they'd bother with Comic-Con this year considering how awful last year was for them, coupled with Bob Iger's recent budget cuts. I figured they'd follow in Benioff and Weiss's footsteps and opt out to avoid fan backlash. Instead they're going the courageous route and will choose to face the music, which I can't help but respect. Hopefully they learned from announcing the likes of Blade and Fantastic Four too soon and focus on what they already have instead of piling a bunch more content on top.

• Like 1

Well they've been restructuring the past year, rearranging their slate and what not. Lol they won't go to SDCC because of budget issues.

I think they have a much clearer picture of their slate for the next couple of years or more. Everyone knows Blade is moving which I would like to see them announcing already.

33 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I didn't even think they'd bother with Comic-Con this year considering how awful last year was for them, coupled with Bob Iger's recent budget cuts. I figured they'd follow in Benioff and Weiss's footsteps and opt out to avoid fan backlash. Instead they're going the courageous route and will choose to face the music, which I can't help but respect. Hopefully they learned from announcing the likes of Blade and Fantastic Four too soon and focus on what they already have instead of piling a bunch more content on top.

Dude your gimmick is getting old now. You don´t have to write fake think pieces every time to always put a negative spin on Disney or MCU.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Marvel has one of the best PR teams imaginable. The overall impression they’ve managed to give is that everything is just fine” and all announced projects are coming along swimmingly  despite having one of the biggest bombs of all time last year, a flop, and controversies with the actor that played their next arc villain and nonsense of story or direction 

Edited by John Marston

9 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

And Comic Con is not nearly as big a deal as it once was.

Maybe it will go back to being aout the actual comics, not the Movies, TV etc. The hard core comic buffs have long considered SDCC to have "Sold Out" to the major media companies a long time ago.