XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Holy shit.

i like this choice. They know how to make marvel movies (seems like the only thing they know) and know the pressure of marvel movies. But I do think if they are returning ideally Mcfeely and the other writer that I can’t remember should return as well.

Edited by thajdikt

It is both funny and peculiar to me how they dropped this news now when the Emmy nominations are dominating entertainment news today. Would've thought this was a big Comic-Con announcement for next week unless they didn't want to potentially overshadow Deadpool & Wolverine's opening weekend.

33 minutes ago, KnightofNight237 said:

To quote "The BLues Brothers" "They are getting band back together".

Well, we now know the big surprise Disney was planning for SDCC.....I sort of think they were being a bit unrelaistic in thinking this would NOT leak out before hadn, though.

Ah well, good news.

For nothing else if the Russos will want to protect what they did with "Endgame"  and they will be careful RDJ and couple of others do return, it will be in such a way as to not undo Endgame;ie, they will be versions from a alternate reality. The actual this universe version will reamin dead,. no "Comic Book Deaths" which would have been horrible.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It is both funny and peculiar to me how they dropped this news now when the Emmy nominations are dominating entertainment news today. Would've thought this was a big Comic-Con announcement for next week unless they didn't want to potentially overshadow Deadpool & Wolverine's opening weekend.

Seems to me like the trades wanted to drop the news that they had signed on, Marvel didn't want them to so they compromised and decided to run with "early talks"

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not so sure it was dropped so much as leaked. I have a feeling the intended idea was for this to be the big news at SDCC, but somebody on staff leaked it. you know that trades have established some "sources" inside Marvel Studios. I don't think this new coming out was intentional, not with SDCC so close.

27 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Russos did say way way back that Secret Wars would be what'd get them to come back.

True, but I suspect that they have not been all that sucessful with their post Avengers projects made coming back a lot more attractive to them.

That, and a big paycheck. I guess Marvle could use the Russo's lack of sucess post Avengers as muscle to pay them less money, but I think Marvel wants to make them happy, and in the end givng them a nice paycheck is peantus compared to what is at stake here.