XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

If the next saga is the Mutants Saga, I could see them going with Mr. Sinister as their big villain. The Fox movies seemed like they were trying to build him up. 

While that’s possible, I wouldn’t be surprised if it leans into a more X-Men ‘97 approach having the humans and something like Krakoa as the approach. And I’m not saying the Krakoan era, I’m saying All-New, All-Different X-Men’s Krakoa.

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If the next saga is the Mutants Saga, I could see them going with Mr. Sinister as their big villain. The Fox movies seemed like they were trying to build him up. 

Oh yeah I forgot about how Mr. Sinister was supposed to be Fox’s big bad. Teased in the post-credits for Apocalypse with the expectation to debut in Logan, then that was scraped. Then was supposed to be played by Jon Hamm in New Mutants but only went referenced. Was even supposed to be a villain in Gambit IIRC.

3 hours ago, Reddroast said:

X-Men 97 was a test to see if marvel was to speed up dev time or not. Audiences cleary said yes.

A lot easier to speed up deb time on a modest budget anaimated TV show then on a big budget movie.

48 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

In terms of Marvel’s 2026 slate, my guess at this point is the following:

-February: Blade (there’s no way it keeps that November date)

-July: Spider-Man 4

November: Either Shang-Chi 2 or Doctor Strange 3

Is theer any sinn they have solved the script problems on Blade...which are the reason is has been in Development Hell for so long.

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Is theer any sinn they have solved the script problems on Blade...which are the reason is has been in Development Hell for so long.

Apparently when the last writer left, Pearson stepped in to finish it. 

2 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

We can probably guess one of the 2026 movies is Shang-Chi 2. The other, I guess could be Armor Wars if that’s still happening?

Im surprised they have other 2027 films so quickly after Secret Wars since that’s supposed to be the end of the current saga and I figured they wanted a break before moving to the next one.

I suppose X-Men could be one of those movies.

Dunno... if I am Bob iger I will delete indefinitely armor wars 

This could actually work. And work hard.

Hell, bring Bernal, Kit and start the foundation of Midnight Suns while you are at it.

Get Sweeney to play the Selma Hayek homage. I’d be very much down for that.

Make a Logan-style Blade movie with Snipes. Don’t tie it into any cinematic universe what-so-ever. Just do a rough, beautiful, emotional tale about an older daywalker. Have Del Toro direct. Give him full control. Watch the box office explode.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I watched Spider-Man in the cinema last night. The first Raimi one. And WOW. I had NO idea it was so good. I hadn't watched it since I was like 11 and as an adult I had always assumed it was just a junk movie. I did not realise there was so much emotion and energy in the movie. Cant believe I was caught so off guard and completely changed my view of a film I've already seen a dozen times.

35 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

is it true Fiege cleaned house and moving with a different direction which is a focus on main core characters, simple straightforward story telling, pleasing fans and less politics?

Be serious.

There's key significance in what type of projects they surround those Avengers films with... Cap and FF films already make a lot of sense and we do know Shang-Chi 2 & Spidey 4 are priorities. I know Armor Wars is one of the projects that's supposed to be in development a while now (and Ironheart also kind of leads into that) but idk if it's really the type of movie they need rn. Do we think we're gonna see another Doctor Strange film in the line-up (Thor I guess is also a possibility, doubt there's more Black Panther before Secret Wars).

8 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

There's key significance in what type of projects they surround those Avengers films with... Cap and FF films already make a lot of sense and we do know Shang-Chi 2 & Spidey 4 are priorities. I know Armor Wars is one of the projects that's supposed to be in development a while now (and Ironheart also kind of leads into that) but idk if it's really the type of movie they need rn. Do we think we're gonna see another Doctor Strange film in the line-up (Thor I guess is also a possibility, doubt there's more Black Panther before Secret Wars).

Ideal would be a movie having Wanda leading up to Secret Wars but we aren't that lucky

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TMP said:

Make a Logan-style Blade movie with Snipes. Don’t tie it into any cinematic universe what-so-ever. Just do a rough, beautiful, emotional tale about an older daywalker. Have Del Toro direct. Give him full control. Watch the box office explode.

family-guy-peter-griffin.gif