XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

On 8/6/2024 at 7:00 PM, YM! said:

Apart from Black Panther series and even then its still very centrist, when has anything MCU ever been political or meaningfully acknowledge political themes?

Winter soldier was anti NSA i thought. Or the very least, against the idea of using anaylists of systemic issues to work out who's likely to cause problems in the future. It seemed pretty left leaning

Ant man 3 had references to the controversial use of tear gas and made the daughter out to be a hero for being on the protesting side.

BP 1 was all about anti coloniasm and took aim at British Museums and their contents

WF has a scene that seemingly condems the French soldiers involved in operation Barkhane, showcasing them as colonizers hungry for their natural resources. This one was a facepalm because those french soldiers were there at the request of Mali to confront islamatic terrorist groups which cost the lives of 58 soldiers but Russian misinformation convinced the population that the French Mercenaries had mischievious intentions so were later replaced by Wagner's mercenary group. 

Falcon and WS was very preachy but i cant remember the specifics, just remember the cringe

Captain Marvel mainly threw shade at represenation of women in hollywood movies, mainly at the direction of men. We have a moment where the True Lies poster is aggressively destroyed and the main story is about a man trying to hold a woman back from her potential.

It usually comes down to the odd comment a character makes rather than an entire movie focused around it but I'd say the overall theme of the MCU is liberal,  though Tony Stark has always seemed like the right winger of the group.

Cryptic teased a bunch of trailers that'll be releasing publicly during d23, and it included this. It'd be early for a March release but a Daredevil trailer could definitely be ready for the public by now. That plus likely Agatha and at least one animated project would make a very good weekend for the TV side.

They definitely can't just go right into Doomsday without a movie setting it up first.

Or if they can, I'm really wondering how they'd pull it off?

We need another movie, and the F4 isn't it since it seems to be happening in the 60's. Which one will it be?

11 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

They definitely can't just go right into Doomsday without a movie setting it up first.

We need another movie, and the F4 isn't it since it seems to be happening in the 60's. Which one will it be?

What's left to set up? We know it's going to be about incursions. We'll have multiple other universes that viewers will presumably be invested in when they start colliding with the MCU (the FoX-Men universe and the new universe for the new Fantastic Four film). We've got the TVA in place and Loki holding the multiverse together. The movie will probably be about Doom taking advantage of and causing incursions to create Battleworld. The only set up Infinity War had were the infinity stones popping up here and there and a couple cameos from Thanos. Even still that movie reintroduced both. What that film had was a group of characters we'd spent a lot of time with but that ship has already sailed for the Multiverse Saga. They don't really need to tell us much about Doom prior to his film.

58 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

39 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

What's left to set up? We know it's going to be about incursions. We'll have multiple other universes that viewers will presumably be invested in when they start colliding with the MCU (the FoX-Men universe and the new universe for the new Fantastic Four film). We've got the TVA in place and Loki holding the multiverse together. The movie will probably be about Doom taking advantage of and causing incursions to create Battleworld. The only set up Infinity War had were the infinity stones popping up here and there and a couple cameos from Thanos. Even still that movie reintroduced both. What that film had was a group of characters we'd spent a lot of time with but that ship has already sailed for the Multiverse Saga. They don't really need to tell us much about Doom prior to his film.

I don’t think any setup is required. I think people over-rate “setup” for the Avengers films because other than establishing who the characters are, none of the plots for the standalone films were anything more than tangentially related to the first 3 Avengers films.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XXR & Friends said:

I don’t think any setup is required. I think people over-rate “setup” for the Avengers films because other than establishing who the characters are, none of the plots for the standalone films were anything more than tangentially related to the first 3 Avengers films.

Yup

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

None but they need to move on Avenger for 6/1 year imho

2 hours ago, XXR & Friends said:

They can start to use after credits scenes in mcu films to start setting up Doom I think

We forget how much those after credit scenes would set up the MCU a lot. 

11 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

Hot Take: they shouldn't make a Thor 5, instead wrap up his story in Secret Wars and have the ending be him and Loki remaking the multiverse like the F4 did at the end of the secret wars comic 

I feel very strongly that we are going to see a variation of that Hickman’s Secret Wars ending with Secret Wars. You are close, but not where I think the story will go. I’ve been saying this for months now.

That we might actually that kinda makes me emotional only thinking about it, I never felt as strongly about where a story will go than what I think they are doing with Secret Wars.

6 hours ago, XXR & Friends said:

I agree except for the characters. The movies in phase 5 and 6 have done a poor job of 

1. Getting us to know more about the characters. They're often briskly-paced and move so fast we don't have enough time to really sit down with the characters and get to know them on deeper level.

2. Knowing who even is actually an Avenger right now?

It's very muddy

Edited by Daxtreme

57 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I agree except for the characters. The movies in phase 5 and 6 have done a poor job of 

1. Getting us to know more about the characters. They're often briskly-paced and move so fast we don't have enough time to really sit down with the characters and get to know them on deeper level.

2. Knowing who even is actually an Avenger right now?

It's very muddy

Ithink is a case of a small group of core Avengers members, and all the other heros in the MCU being sort of a "Reserve" for the Avengers.

Of course, I keep on hoping for the Great Lake Avengers to show up....

On 8/7/2024 at 6:57 AM, thajdikt said:

Please tell me what MCU movies had these “messaging”? The Marvels certainly didn’t. Neither did Love and Thunder, MoM, Ant-Man 3 or Eternals. Unless y’all think female characters existing in prominent roles other than being sex symbols is “messaging”. 

We all know too many people think exactly that.

And have similair thoughts about minorities in leading roles.

• Thanks 1