XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

11 hours ago, Torontofan said:

No way home was 1 time nostalia event

It was like the endgame of Spiderman movies

I'm pretty sure they will return for at least Avengers 6 and even maybe 5.

No way Sony / Disney are going to miss the nostalgia cash with them.

20 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Honest question, if Quantumania was good do you guys think Kang Dynasty would still be a thing? (obviously with a recasted Kang),

Well, yea, it would have made A LOT more money if it was well received so...

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 10:40 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

Honest question, if Quantumania was good do you guys think Kang Dynasty would still be a thing? (obviously with a recasted Kang),

Um.... Yes?

(I would note that RDJ's own commentary is saying that he was first approached about Doom "about a year ago" which lines in pretty well with the PIVOT talk of last summer when it was becoming clear that a course correction was seriously in the cards)

Mind, they might have to George Lucas that one scene of the Stadium of Kangs, but even there I tend to think there would be creative ways to address it.

No, if AQM was very well received, which I might add sets off its own set of dominoes throughout 2023, I tend to think Marvel would move Heaven and Earth to find a way to continue the story with a different actor.

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Um.... Yes?

(I would note that RDJ's own commentary is saying that he was first approached about Doom "about a year ago" which lines in pretty well with the PIVOT talk of last summer when it was becoming clear that a course correction was seriously in the cards)

Mind, they might have to George Lucas that one scene of the Stadium of Kangs, but even there I tend to think there would be creative ways to address it.

No, if AQM was very well received, which I might add sets off its own set of dominoes throughout 2023, I tend to think Marvel would move Heaven and Earth to find a way to continue the story with a different actor.

Well thank god because even if QM was good Iron Man is a billion times more popular than Kang. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

7 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Well thank god because even if QM was good Iron Man is a billion times more popular than Kang. 

Short term vs long term.

Not a Marvel fan, so I won't get sucked into this as my care level is through the floor and almost entirely academic. 

But I think, overall,  I would note Steady Eddie >> Sugar High Flash In The Pan.

That is, a series building up to a crescendo probably has more going for it in the long term than an admittedly hyped through the moon Super Event.

Not that the Super Event can't be used as a reset that then builds on its own thing.  Buuuuuuttttt.... Teams tend to throw Hail Marys for a reason.

(if one views this a  Hail Mary pass, that is — I can see the arguments for and against)

((and even so, the whole reason for Marvel at the very least PIVOTING is coz... they needed to))

Edited by Porthos

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Short term vs long term.

Not a Marvel fan, so I won't get sucked into this as my care level is through the floor and almost entirely academic. 

But I think, overall,  I would note Steady Eddie >> Sugar High Flash In The Pan.

That is, a series building up to a crescendo probably has more going for it in the long term than an admittedly hyped through the moon Super Event.

Not that the Super Event can't be used as a reset that then builds on its own thing.  Buuuuuuttttt.... Teams tend to throw Hail Marys for a reason.

(if one views this a  Hail Mary pass, that is — I can see the arguments for and against)

((and even so, the whole reason for Marvel at the very least PIVOTING is coz... they needed to))

Bringing back old characters = money. Simple as that. 

There's a reason why, domestically, an R-Rated Deadpool + Wolverine is going to go only 20-30M less than PG-13 every single MCU character combined with 10 years of build up

Doctor Strange with an A instead of B+ would've been like a $600-650M DOM sorta film

Edited by HummingLemon496

15 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Bringing back old characters = money. Simple as that. 

There's a reason why, domestically, an R-Rated Deadpool + Wolverine is going to go only 20-30M less than PG-13 every single MCU character combined with 10 years of build up

Doctor Strange with an A instead of B+ would've been like a $600-650M DOM sorta film

The point I'm trying to make, I think, is... Building up a stable of new characters that folks want to see in the long term is the name of the game.

Can't keep calling back old characters forever.

Remember, this whole hypothetical was based on AMQ being good/well received.  Implicit in that is folks wanting to see a continuation of the stories of those characters.

Mind, this is haaaaaaaaaard.  But, all things being equal, I think better.  Again in the long run.

• Like 1

Kang didn't had the build up Thanos had, either because of how chaotic and shitty the MCU was (still is) between the covid era and now or just because they didn't had the confidence in the character as a selling point for future movies, which is more likely because Ant man 3 felt like a closure for the villain, despite the end-credits of course. 

I mean they made the villain lose to ants in the movie. Thanos killed Loki and Heimdall, made Thor and Hulk his bitch all within the first 10 minutes of the movie. Not to mention Thanos spitting bars every time he spoke. They did everything right about Thanos. They did everything wrong with Kang. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It is interesting to note that DPW post OW is higher than AIW post OW

DPW - $440M (ish)

Infinity War - $421M 

That's crazy. . .

holiday la days.......

thats why I want Avengers on december or june(impossible right now)

On 8/22/2024 at 3:24 AM, HummingLemon496 said:

It is interesting to note that DPW post OW is higher than AIW post OW

DPW - $440M (ish)

Infinity War - $421M 

That's crazy. . .

Open runway vs crowded summer. Like @fabiopazzo2 said, Secret Wars and Doomsday in a December slot would do gangbuster numbers 

• Astonished 1

On 8/22/2024 at 3:45 AM, thajdikt said:

I mean they made the villain lose to ants in the movie. Thanos killed Loki and Heimdall, made Thor and Hulk his bitch all within the first 10 minutes of the movie. Not to mention Thanos spitting bars every time he spoke. They did everything right about Thanos. They did everything wrong with Kang. 

Evenin the comics, I never got why Kang was so popular. He just never really struckme as having that something extra that makes a good villian. I could think of a number of other Marvel villians that would made a better "COsmic level threat" then  Kang..one of whom we are getting in the Fantastic Four film.

Speaking of thanos,it wold be fun in one of the Multiverses, to have him taken down by Squirrel  Girl.

On 8/22/2024 at 12:45 PM, thajdikt said:

Absolutely yes

lets hope for the same thing for Doom