XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

On 11/11/2023 at 5:32 PM, SpiderByte said:

Well the idea is introducing new characters and giving them a shot. Shang-Chi, etc.

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

They have to get better writers and dump the characters no one cares about

F-gt-NTAXk-AA8ec9.jpg

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sckathian said:

I wouldn’t take too much of existing rumours to heart. That slate is getting scrutinised. 

Marvel has been scrutinizing their slate permanently ever since Endgame and reshuffling projects everytime, yet the march goes forward in the direction of the iceberg. I am still waiting for a sign that the people in Marvel realize that this fucking around with D tier characters isn't working.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, scytheavatar said:

Marvel has been scrutinizing their slate permanently ever since Endgame and reshuffling projects everytime, yet the march goes forward in the direction of the iceberg. I am still waiting for a sign that the people in Marvel realize that this fucking around with D tier characters isn't working.

They aren't going to just constantly reboot Tony Stark every two years. Some users on here just got to accept there's going to be new characters sticking around.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

delaying movies can't be the only solution. They have to get better writers and dump the characters no one cares about

Nobody, nobody, gave a single shit about Iron Man before the movie came out. Nobody cared about the Guardians before their movie came out. The vast majority of people did not know who the Avengers were before the movie came out. Just assuming that nobody will like a character because they're not already famous is idiotic. This isn't DC where they just reboot Batman every three years.

Edited by SpiderByte

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Nobody, nobody, gave a single shit about Iron Man before the movie came out. Nobody cared about the Guardians before their movie came out. The vast majority of people did not know who the Avengers were before the movie came out. Just assuming that nobody will like a character because they're not already famous is idiotic.

yes and people began to like Iron Man after his first movie or the Guardians after their first movie. Meanwhile nobody gives a  shit  about Eternals or Ms Marvel despite being given full movies and even a full show when it comes to the latter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yes and people began to like Iron Man after his first movie or the Guardians after their first movie. Meanwhile nobody gives a  shit  about Eternals or Ms Marvel despite being given full movies and even a full show when it comes to the latter 

Ms Marvel is the best reviewed Marvel Studios release. Full stop. Including Black Panther. The reviews for The Marvels, even many of the negative ones, praise Iman Vellani specifically and say they think she steals the whole movie. This random hatred that this board has for Ms Marvel, insisting that she's a character who everyone hates, is not reflected by reality outside of it.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ms Marvel is the best reviewed Marvel Studios release. Full stop. Including Black Panther. The reviews for The Marvels, even many of the negative ones, praise Iman Vellani specifically and say they think she steals the whole movie. This random hatred that this board has for Ms Marvel, insisting that she's a character who everyone hates, is not reflected by reality outside of it.

Ms Marvel’s show had terrible viewership and a movie she was heavily featured in will be one of the biggest bombs of all time

dump the character and stop wasting time and money 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ms. Marvel had terrible viewership though. Critic’s reception doesn’t matter if no one is watching your product. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Ms Marvel’s show had terrible viewership and a movie she was heavily featured in will be one of the biggest bombs of all time

dump the character and stop wasting time and money 

Would you make this same argument for Sam Jackson?

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Ms. Marvel had terrible viewership though. Critic’s reception doesn’t matter if no one is watching your product. 

Why? Shows with far worse viewership than Ms Marvel stick around with far worse critical reception.

You want to see an actual example of a Disney+ bomb? The Willow series.

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I've understood the reviews for Disney+ shows are only the first episodes. So, I wouldn't say positives reviews on that show mean so much.

Also, Ms Marvel show good reviews don't seem to reflect the real reception from the character. After all, The Marvels will likely have a bigger box office if Ms Marvel was a really popular character.

Edited by Kon

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

Also, Ms Marvel show good reviews don't seem to reflect the real reception from the character. After all, The Marvels will likely have a bigger box office if Ms Marvel was a really popular character

The reviews for the Marvels largely say she's the highlight of the movie. Do you think removing the character nearly everyone liked most would have improved the reception somehow?

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

I've understood the reviews for Disney+ shows are only the first episodes. So, I wouldn't say positives reviews on that show mean so much.

Nope, there are reviews for the entire series. Not as many as for the ones that are sent as press screeners, but they are there, and they're still consistent with the others.

Marvel has clearly no plans to jettison Ms Marvel despite how unpopular she is with the Box Office Theory forum.

I'm fine with keeping Ms. Marvel around, but maybe she should just stick to streaming services or be a side character in theatrical movies. I also think a Young Avengers team-up should DEFINITELY be on Disney+. Unless of course they shoehorn Spiderman in that team too LOL

Miles was in the Champions with Kamala...but I don't think they'll go that way. Every member they have on deck for that team except America Chavez was introduced on Disney+. I'm almost certain it'll be Jac Schaeffer. Hell now that they're focusing less on miniseries, I could see them having two or three seasons of Young Avengers on Disney+.

4 minutes ago, TommyOliver said:

They need to abandon the Young Avengers as they've currently set them up completely. New Hawkeye will be 30 years old by the time they finally do anything with those characters. lol

Because of this Young Avengers should be an animated series. That's the only chance it could possibly work.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, scytheavatar said:

Because of this Young Avengers should be an animated series. That's the only chance it could possibly work.

Not really. Actors play young all the time. Tom Holland played a character who was fourteen in Civil War. 

Plus they might just use a different name like Champions if calling them Young Avengers is that much of an issue.

25 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Marvel has clearly no plans to jettison Ms Marvel despite how unpopular she is with the Box Office Theory forum.

Do you really seem to think people on this forum has something against Ms Marvel?

I don't know if Ms Marvel is really hated in this forum, but we could say she isn't so popular between the general audience. I mean, not so many people go to see the movie where she was one of the leads.

Anyway, I don't really wish Ms Marvel to dissapear, but I'm not sure if Young Avengers will really work for the character.

4 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

F-gt-NTAXk-AA8ec9.jpg

It isn't THAT hard:

1. Bring back the co-featured appearances that catapulted Phase 3 into a new level of BO (Civil War starring everyone, Homecoming co-starring Iron Man, Ragnarok co-starring Hulk etc.) I feel like Feige was only doing this when he had the pressure from a new competitor in the DCEU with CW being confirmed as a reaction to BvS.*

2. Don't just throw new characters like Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel into new movies and shows without any setup. Follow the Civil War introduction of Black Panther and Holland Spidey template to generate the hype first. It's like Feige has forgotten all the smart strategies he employed in Phase 3.

3. Ensure more interconnectedness. 4 years in and we still can't see the big picture of what Phases 4 and 5 building up to other than "multiverse hijinks". In Phase 1, we knew all the characters would unite for the first time in The Avengers right off the bat, in Phases 2-3 the Infinity Stones were immediately setup in The Dark World and the first GotG

4. Better quality control of the shows. Can mediocre shit like Secret Invasion if it's not hitting.

5. Stop hiring Rick & Morty writers. Nothing against them but their sense of humor is not clicking with a large enough audience.

*ETA: I forgot that No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness did go the co-feature route, especially MoM where Wanda was the bigger pull than Strange himself. Which brings us to point 6)

6. Stop character assassinating your most interesting characters. MoM did a real hatchet job on Wanda after her high on WandaVision because the writer didn't bother watching the show. She's also been benched for a longer period than the MCU can afford to bench her right now.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It isn't THAT hard:

You know, I know you may not have intended it, but if you say something isn't that hard then have a six point plan with highly inter-connected moving parts where if any one piece doesn't fit it all falls apart then...

Well, "Tell 'em Wash." 🙂 

(mostly I'm just saying I found it funny/ironic that the 'it's not that hard' plan you outlined isn't exactly simple/easy to execute)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1