XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

49 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well this is a curious wrinkle if it's true, but they haven't really done anything to indicate Kang Dynasty still isn't the plan.

There's always the weirdness of the variety's article quote about the end of loki not matching up with the end of loki we saw on screen but that could also just speak to leaker's credibility. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

59 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Whats the sites reliability? 

Well, Joanna Robinson just wrote a book on the behind the scenes of the MCU, but in terms of scoops and stuff there's not clear consistency. It'd be very, very shocking if this massive news broke in a random podcast and not a major trade publication.

50 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I find the whole 'Marvel is dead' hyperbole so eye rolling. We'll still get Marvel films in the coming years. 

Of course it's not dead: Gotg 3 is great and had decent BO numbers, Deadpool 3 looks like a future pretty big hit.

But, it looks like there's no room for mistakes anymore.

I don't want ot get into spoilers, but one thing that really hurt the MCU about what happened with "The Marvels" is that it has a couple of set ups for future films, one of them really huge. That will hurt.

Edited by dudalb

58 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I find the whole 'Marvel is dead' hyperbole so eye rolling. We'll still get Marvel films in the coming years. 

Yes, but they won't dominant the way they have.

Don't think that Feige is not having a lot of meetings about the futrue of hte MCU today.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

And I found it eye rollingly annoying how Quantumania's horrendous post opening weekend box office was swept under the rug by so many people because Guardians 3 had legs. Now that movie has come back to bite Marvel in the ass. 

And the whole tying together of the Disney Plus shows and the movies will be reexamined. One mistake the Marvels made was that if you had not seen "Wandavision" and 'Ms Marvel" you would have trouble figuring out what was going on and who two of the main charecters were. That is going to get a really close look.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And I found it eye rollingly annoying how Quantumania's horrendous post opening weekend box office was swept under the rug by so many people because Guardians 3 had legs. Now that movie has come back to bite Marvel in the ass. 

The whole tyring to bether closley the Disney Plus  Shows and the Movies is going to get a really, really, close look. This was the first MCU film where I felt that is you had not been watching the Disney plus hsows, you would be really confused.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Super surprised Marvel hasn't announced F4 cast to distract from Marvels bombing. I guess no news about that that at all.

I think they might be converned that....

Spoiler

The Marvels had the biggest possible setup with the X Men being setup. Back to square one, I think for how to bring the X Men in.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

The whole tyring to bether closley the Disney Plus  Shows and the Movies is going to get a really, really, close look. This was the first MCU film where I felt that is you had not been watching the Disney plus hsows, you would be really confused.

They should just flat out drop that angle. It is ruining the MCU. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

They should just flat out drop that angle. It is ruining the MCU. 

They should do what they did with the Neflix shows like Daredevil:Have them take place in the same universe as the Movies, but don't tie them togehter closley. A couple of guest appreances, yes, but don't make them interdrpenendt.

The Marvels made no real offort to explain who Ms Marvel and  Monica were to people who had not seen the TV shoes was a mistake.

• Like 2