XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

My "below Josstice League" joke might actually happen now :ohmygod:

What a bunch of stubborn mules. They've learned absolutely nothing from the past couple of years and it just boggles my mind.

Genuine question: are people mistaking Michael Waldron for Jeff Loveness, who wrote Quantumania? Because Waldron's last Marvel movie came just under a billion.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why is everyone pretending that Multiverse of Madness was a bomb again?

Does everyone think now every single sequel will have a The Marvels type drop just because they're also sequels?

No, but it had BVS tier legs. Marvel should be putting up their most seasoned, experienced writers for Avengers films. Not untested R&M writers like Waldron. This is not the time to be testing the waters.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If they're announcing the cast they might have concept art of the team as well, that'd be pretty cool. If it's really set in the 60s I'd expect something more classic styled than the one Krasinski had.

Where did you hear that it would be set in the 60s???

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

No, but it had BVS tier legs. Marvel should be putting up their most seasoned, experienced writers for Avengers films. Not untested R&M writers like Waldron. This is not the time to be testing the waters.

...he's written three projects for Marvel. He isn't some random guy off the street.

4 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

MoM by all accounts should had made 1b with the opening it had, it just melted down after the first weekend and I'd say it was the point where people started caring less about the MCU.

If MoM is your standard for a critically panned and audience hated movie idk what to say. I also think assuming it'll perform the same as MoM doesn't really track, it's not like Infinity War and Endgame performed just like the Captain America films despite having the same writers and directors.

Edited by SpiderByte

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's been rumored for a long while. Shakman also said he loved the Space Race era aspect of the original FF stories in a recent interview.

Ooookay… Then it would be hard to imagine how they would join the big MCU when they are casting older actors. Makes no sense IMO.

It would make sense if they did a One Shot of some kind. Or some kind of wierd time travel maybe.. Hmmm

Edited by fmpro

Just now, SpiderByte said:

If MoM is your standard for a critically panned and audience hated movie idk what to say. I also think assuming it'll perform the same as MoM doesn't really track, it's not like Infinity War and Endgame performed just like the Captain America films despite having the same writers and directors.

MoM is my standard for misleading marketing and wasting the goodwill of the previous movies.

Also comparing Markus and McFeely with Waldron is hilarious, the best work he did in Marvel wasn't even his

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/loki/loki-head-writer-eric-martin-rewrote-most-of-season-1-after-michael-waldron-left-for-doctor-strange-sequel-a207505#gs.1hzgl5

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It was hated by people who expected the movie to be about Wanda creating the X-Men and to feature Ghost Rider and Wolverine and secretly also be Avengers 5.

It had B+ cinemascore and 2.1x legs despite 3 weeks of no competition and a fairly barren Summer.

• Like 1

Jesus you guys are somehow even more reactionary than ever after The Marvels. The slightest change and you're acting like Feige should be jumping off a rooftop, Christ 

Worth noting this was not the reaction to Raimi being up for Kang Dynasty, but the person who wrote the same movie Raimi directed and you're all suddenly about to riot?

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

I see no point in continuing with Kang. He’s a flop. The public don’t care, Majors won’t play him again, he’s not a credible threat after Ant Man Quantumania and he is just underwhelming after Thanos. The stakes with him are just too low.

I haven’t watched Loki s2 but I read they end it where you don’t need to continue with Kang so just don’t. 
Just focus on Secret Wars and bring everyone (Original Avengers, Fox X-Men, Snipes Blade, The Spider-Men etc.), bring an alternate universe T’Challa, make it an epic farewell and reboot.

• Knock It Off 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

It had B+ cinemascore and 2.1x legs despite 3 weeks of no competition and a fairly barren Summer.

I don't understand why so many don't get this? It makes a ton of money but how a film makes its money matters. It was massively frontloaded because of mixed word of mouth. I like Multiverse of Madness but it was one of the movies that hurt the MCU. 

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The goal of Feige is to beat the Marvels biggest drop from a 1 billion movie with the Kang Dynasty 

Oh but you see, Kevin Feige is a completionist.

After setting records of the "highest" type, he wants records of the "lowest" type.

A commendable goal!