Eric S'ennui

Weekend Thread (11/17-19) | Early Deadline #s - Songbirds 5.75-6M Previews, Trolls 2M

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

On PostTrak, Songbirds & Snakes is still 4 1/2 stars, with 87% positive. Best scores come from women under 25 at 93% who the biggest demo for the movie at 37%. The 18-24 bunch at 45%, the biggest age demo, embraced Songbirds & Snakes with a 90% grade. Women over 25 at 27% gave it an 85%. Men over 25 at 21% graded it at 81% while men under 25 showed up at 15% with an 83% grade. Diversity demos were 50% Caucasian, 24% Hispanic and Latino, 11% Black and 10% Asian. Sixty-nine percent definite recommend.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Hunger Games should be able to get to $125M right?  Not sure how it's doing overseas yet but on a slimmer $100M budget it looks like it will at least make some money for LG. 

Depends on how much it survives losing all IMAX/PLF screens starting Wednesday (the share of how it fared on those screens hasn't been released yet I think).

Trolls Band Together 

PostTrak is great at 87% and 68% recommend with kids under 12 hugging Trolls 3 at 95%. Mom leaning at 71% female, with 31% of the audience between 18-34. The largest quad was 35-44 years old at 27%. Diversity demos are 37% Latino and Hispanic, 34% Caucasian, 11% Asian and 10% Black. Trolls 3 are ruling South Central, Midwest and West. The Marcus Majestic Brookfield, WI is leading the pack with $39K in gross (including early shows).

Third place belongs to Disney’s The Marvels with a second Friday of $2.8M (ouch, -87%) and second weekend forecast of $9.7M, -79% –the biggest second weekend drop ever for an MCU title, and a running total of $64.5M by EOD Sunday. (updating..wait for it)

Deadline

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Hoping this stays above $10m with actuals. Wish it had done more though. But $15m budget this is fine.

@TwoMisfits I do have to take the win on our chat about Journey to Bethlehem last weekend. I know you thought $3-5m open and $20m total, but a 60% drop and total is only $4.3m. I think it’ll get dropped this week. 

With an overall total of four wide releases, the fall weekend box office is showing the third best result post Labor Day with $115.7M after the weekend of Oct. 13-15 ($132.5M, when Taylor Swift opened) and Oct. 27-29 ($126.1M when Five Nights at Freddy’s opened).

woof