Grand Cine

WEEKEND THREAD | Wonka 14.4, Night Swim 12, Aqua 10.6, Migration 10.2, Anyone But You 9.5 (increased from last weekend!)

1 hour ago, Legion Again said:

Wonder if ABY can be #2 next wknd 🤔

I don’t think so Probably Gonna lose some theaters and it’s competing for similar audience with Mean Girls. 

Edited by babz06

2 minutes ago, Kon said:

That's pretty good.

Do you know the estimates for only Saturday?

$4.0M, +9% vs LW

Edited by M37

Saturday jumps do look a little week compared to last year. Do think that E Coast storm kept numbers down a bit, wouldn’t be surprised with stronger Sunday holds and actuals above estimates 

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

$4.0M, +9%

It's a +23% from Friday , a little behind i expected but the weekdays were so good than it's normal for the movie to have less jump for the weekend. I think the sunday drop will be right ( same sunday drop as PP3)

From Deadline on ABY:

Some rival studios have this Sydney Sweeny, Glen Powell movie up 20% this weekend in the $10M range. The film is being discovered, and posting great holds not seen in some time for a romcom”

Aquaman 2 is number two this weekend ( if the estimates holds) and two movies ,this weekend, surpass the 100M Mark . Migration will be the last movie of 2023 to surpass this mark

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Aquaman 2 is number two this weekend ( if the estimates holds) and two movies ,this weekend, surpass the 100M Mark . Migration will be the last movie of 2023 to surpass this mark

Aquaman 2 would be number three, since Night Swim estimates are 12M.

1 minute ago, Kon said:

Aquaman 2 would be number three, since Night Swim estimates are 12M.

Sorry , i forgot Night Swim , number three , i meant . Or number two , if they excludes previews for Night Swim 😁

Good run for Migration , for a 70M budget , he will have a good profitability . A finish between 250 and 300M for me , if the holds this month are good ( and with UK release)

• Like 1

Not very great with deciphering limited releases, but getting over 1M in 114 theaters seems really impressive. I'm assuming it expands to wide release next week, so hoping for good stuff.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I hope the Golden Globes tonight will be good for the movie because the box office is not

That's a 59.4% drop from previous weekend. The worse drop for this weekend.

At least, TCP weekend is (slightly) over Iron Claw.