CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

https://deadline.com/2024/08/jurassic-world-film-unveils-title-first-look-photos-1236072709/

Starring Scarlett Johansson, Jonathan Bailey and Mahershala Ali, Jurassic World Rebirth sees an intrepid team racing to secure DNA samples from the three most colossal creatures across land, sea and air. Five years after the events of Jurassic World Dominion, the planet’s ecology has proven largely inhospitable to dinosaurs. Those remaining exist in isolated equatorial environments with climates resembling the one in which they once thrived. The three most colossal creatures within that tropical biosphere hold the key to a drug that will bring miraculous life-saving benefits to humankind.

Johansson plays Zora Bennett, a skilled covert operations expert contracted to lead a team on a top-secret mission to secure genetic material from the world’s three most massive dinosaurs. When Zora’s operation intersects with a civilian family whose boating expedition was capsized by marauding aquatic dinos, they all find themselves stranded on an island where they come face-to-face with a sinister, shocking discovery that’s been hidden from the world for decades.

Bailey plays paleontologist Dr. Henry Loomis, with Ali as Zora’s most trusted team leader, Duncan Kincaid. Others in the cast include Rupert Friend as Big Pharma representative Martin Krebs and Manuel Garcia-Rulfo as Reuben Delgado, the father of the shipwrecked civilian family.

• Like 1

I wonder what these colossal "dinosaurs" will be. Argentinosaurus [land], Quetzalcoatlus [air], and Mosasaurus [sea]?

I wish they go with Ichthyotitan for sea. I don't think ichthyosaurs have been featured in these movies.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I wonder what these colossal "dinosaurs" will be. Argentinosaurus [land], Quetzalcoatlus [air], and Mosasaurus [sea]?

I wish they go with Ichthyotitan for sea. I don't think ichthyosaurs have been featured in these movies.

Ichthyosaurs (along with plesiosaurus) were planned for Jurassic World (2015 movie), there's concept art of them online. I wish they had made it into the film.

5 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Ichthyosaurs (along with plesiosaurus) were planned for Jurassic World (2015 movie), there's concept art of them online. I wish they had made it into the film.

I would love to see them. They have been underrepresented in these movies.

• Like 2

My wish list for the big Three:

Land: Argentinosaurus (a dinosaur)
Air: Hatzegopteryx (disclaimer for Universal: Not a dinosaur)
Sea: Mosasaurus (disclaimer for Universal: Not a dinosaur)

I agree with the Ichthyotitan fans here wholeheartedly, but that species was just described this year, so i dont think it would be possible for the filmmakers to include it even if they know about it. And to be honest, the Mosaurus might be way too big in the JW films, but it was also way underrepresented in Fallen Kingdom and Dominion, so i woudnt mind some Mosasaurus scenes at all in this one.