baumer

Weekend estimates

The problem is the weekday. The weekdays continue to disappoint (those Monday drops!), while the weekends exceed expectations. I think we're just seeing weekday business shifting to the weekend...

I actually think last weeks set of weekdays were the only disappointing ones THG has had thus far. It's actually been quite solid its other weeks. Plus THG was not the only film having bad drops last week, so it was more of a market thing than THG doing poorly.

Yes.... 1% compared to 0.01%. Hundred times higher possibility now. :P

I hope you're right. But a three multiplier from here out isn't unheard of.

Go THG! :). Wow I remember getting laughed at when i brought up the possibility 2 weeks ago that it might hit 400m. Shows you gotta have faith sometime. It's definitely on track to beat DH2 and ROTK though. Would just be a pity if it just misses 400m now. Epic hold by THG. :)

Excellent for The Hunger Games, I hope it doesn't fall from estimates. The Friday number actually went up 50k from yesterday's estimates so hopefully that means they underestimated it yesterday and it won't drop like last week.

I wonder what Ray from BOM will say THG's trajectory is now, he changes it every week. :lol:2nd weekend: "around $350 million"3rd weekend: "at least $350 million"4th weekend: "over $370 million"5th weekend: "over $390 million" ??

Those have been my trajectories as well till the 4th weekend. Ray is copying me! :PI'm thinking 385-390M right now, so I expect he will say something similar, maybe over $380M this time.

I hope you're right. But a three multiplier from here out isn't unheard of.

It is technically 4x multiplier. :)And while it isn't unheard of, it is still very rare outside of summer season, especially when a record-breaking opener is just around the corner.

Those have been my trajectories as well till the 4th weekend. Ray is copying me! :PI'm thinking 385-390M right now, so I expect he will say something similar, maybe over $380M this time.

Glad you've finally come around and admit this thing is passing DH2. It took you awhile, and a lot of pointless arguing along the way. :P

It is sad. DH2 was a much better film.

I find it funny how THG can outgross the final Harry potter movie yet sell 5% of the books Potter did. So basically I'd say the general audience would disagree with you.