baumer

Weekend estimates

Refer to above. And my main point actually was if you're not a fanboy film most people here don't think they'll do well simply because it's not interesting to them.

Many people have praised TLAM for its great opening, THG's final landing spot is just a more interesting story.

Looking at their respective budgets and genre of films, I'd say TLIAM is doing as impressive as THG.

Not really, THG is on a much, much bigger scale. Little low budget breakouts happen all the time. Especially with female oriented and urban films.

THG has a 30-35% chance of getting to 400. Its Sunday is estimated to be at 3.9 million and if it drops about 70% on Monday, it is on track to make 4 million Mon-Thursday. Because of IMAX it should be around 373-375 million mark by the time The Avengers opens. If it keeps enough theaters for one to two weeks after The Avengers opens it will be over 390 million by the time Summer weekdays start and that should be enough for a movie like THG. It may need a helping hand from Lionsgate but the fact is that it has to survive The Avengers' first weekend and it will make it if it does.

All it needs now is another good hold next weekend and to not collapse when TA opens and it will make it. I think it can do it. It will be so close. Damn I hope it doesn't end in the 395-398 range.

It won't. Lionsgate will make sure it gets to 400m if it gets that close. You and myself have been some of the more vocal posters on here about 400m being a possibility. Let's hope we're right.

It won't. Lionsgate will make sure it gets to 400m if it gets that close. You and myself have been some of the more vocal posters on here about 400m being a possibility. Let's hope we're right.

They can't fudge 5m. I've never seen that before. I agree if it gets within 2m they'll get it there, but I think it probably needs to get to 397 at the very least on its own. Probably 398.

Yeah, THG please please survive TA's opening week! Actually, I am looking forward to TA, and I am going to watch it too. I just hope enough people still haven't watched THG and will give it a go, or some are keen to rewatch it even during TA's opening week. If it holds even during TA's opening week, 400 million will be in sight!

I think THG will miss 400M just by a little bit. With that said, it will still be a remarkable number, and certainly quite a lot more than what I had predicted it would do after the 1st weekend. I predicted that it wouldn't go past 350M domestically, but it's going to finish quite a bit higher than that.