kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 451.3M overseas | 863.1M worldwide

$600-620M+ seems like good numbers for it. If it gets the Toy Story-sequel reception, then it could go higher. And as I noticed, Pixar interestingly enough never had a movie in their film lineup that made over $700M+ OS or higher than that. Since the highest OS gross for a Pixar film is Toy Story 3 with $652M OS which was 14 years ago, and that still has the record for the highest OS gross of any Pixar film. Not even the massively hyped and beloved Incredibles 2 could top it, despite that film’s robust $608M DOM.

However, if Inside Out 2 is treated as the grand return of the beloved and hugely successful Pixar (and I love the first film), then I have no exact idea how much higher it can go.

Though to be safe, I’ll go with over $600M+ OS for now.

27 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am not sure its increasing unless China/Korea go crazy for it. Otherwise 400m OS is good for this. 

if it didn't it would be the second Pixar sequel to not increase from the original with the only other one being Toy Story 4, which makes since both due to stretching the premise far and being the 3rd sequel, not the first. China already didn't come out for the first one, so the worst case scenario is it only loses 10m from Inside Out, and the best case scenario is that it improves from the original's performance. Normally I would think that it would disappoint in Korea, but off the back of Elemental it should get a sizeable boost there, maybe not enough to match the original's admits, but likely enough to match the gross.

• Like 1

Inside Out's top 9 out of 10 * markets made a total of $291m. Here's what I expect for the sequel from the same markets:

UK: $54m

Germany: $29m

Japan: $24m

France: $43m

Mexico: $46m

South Korea: $29m 

Italy: $26m

Australia: $30m

Spain: $30m

total: $311m (+20m). South Korea and UK feel like wildcards (does Elemental's crazy run in Korea help IO2? Can it match the crazy performance of Inside Out?) Also, outside the top 10, Brazil and China could also impress: Presales have surpassed Little 

Mermaid's final in Brazil (and that made 17m (+4m from Inside Out)), and since the original did so bad in china (15m), an increase wouldn't be surprising, and unlike many recent sequels it doesn't suffer from a very high china gross that it has to make up elsewhere. 

Full prediction I'm raising to 610-630m. It could probably reach 700m, but it's opening too close to Despicable Me 4 in a fair amount of markets and there's both Copa America and Euros going on during the run.

* due to crazy exchange rate fluctutation with Venezuela, it would be hard to pinpoint any sort of number.

• Like 5

OW predictions (for next weekend):

Mexico: $20.1m

South Korea (5-day OW): $10.3m

UK: $8.6m

Australia (4-day): $4.7m

Germany (5-day): $9.7m

Argentina (4-day): $3.1m

Taiwan: $1.7m

Malaysia: $1.3m

Those are most of the major markets that it’s releasing in next weekend. The number might look low but that’s because Brazil, Spain, China, Italy, Portugal, Japan, and New Zealand aren’t releasing next weekend 

• Like 2

On 6/9/2024 at 9:23 PM, Flip said:

Those are most of the major markets that it’s releasing in next weekend. The number might look low but that’s because Brazil, Spain, China, Italy, Portugal, Japan, and New Zealand aren’t releasing next weekend 

Do we have a comprehensive list of missing markets that are not opening this weekend? Or it's just those?

52 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Do we have a comprehensive list of missing markets that are not opening this weekend? Or it's just those?

Looking on imdb:

Slovakia June 15, 2024
Bulgaria June 16, 2024
Belgium June 19, 2024
Spain June 19, 2024
Italy June 19, 2024
South Africa June 19, 2024
Brazil June 20, 2024
Iran June 20, 2024
China June 21, 2024
New Zealand June 27, 2024
Sweden July 17, 2024
Portugal July 18, 2024
Japan August 1, 2024

Though I am not sure what Iran is doing there... I thought they didn't get official releases of America movies.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:23 PM, Flip said:

Final prediction 

Mexico: $25.7m

South Korea (5-day OW): $10.9m

UK: $8.8m

Australia (4-day): $5.4m

Germany (5-day): $9.8m

Argentina (4-day): $3.5m

Taiwan: $1.9m

Malaysia: $1.6m

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 11:44 AM, keysersoze123 said:

I am not sure its increasing unless China/Korea go crazy for it. Otherwise 400m OS is good for this. 

I was really conservative on this. I am now feeling that this is going to be the biggest OS movie for a Pixar in a long time. I hope it can overtake Toy Story 4. But that will require a huge breakout in Japan/Korea. 

53 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I was really conservative on this. I am now feeling that this is going to be the biggest OS movie for a Pixar in a long time. I hope it can overtake Toy Story 4. But that will require a huge breakout in Japan/Korea. 

What confused me is how you were expecting a $150M DOM OW but only a $400M OS total. It'd need The Flash level legs for those two to both happen.

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

What confused me is how you were expecting a $150M DOM OW but only a $400M OS total. It'd need The Flash level legs for those two to both happen.

150 was hope rather than actual expectation. Its also possible for domestic to beat OS. Especially in this post COVID era where several currencies have dropped hard(Look at Yen for example).

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Unfortunately it looks like Europe won’t see significant growth, and in some places will probably decrease (Italy, Germany). I wouldn’t have much hope for Japan to explode considering how sequels usually decrease and the recent rejection of most Hollywood movies. I’m hoping it really breaks out in South-East Asia 

• Like 1