filmlover

The 96th Academy Awards Live Feed Thread | Oppy wins it all, but Ryan Gosling is still kenough

28 minutes ago, John Marston said:

fucking hell. Why can’t they get this part right 

With some of these names, I'd say they were overwhelmingly known for television—even if they technically worked on movies at some point—and made the In Memoriam at the Emmys. The year the Oscars flashed the names by too quickly, everyone complained about that, so it's either making the segment longer or trimming the list. Still, the Academy never has a good answer for why certain people are excluded despite extensive movie careers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cap said:

Billie Eilish winning best Song after Mark and Gosling’s performance is the perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with the Academy and their taste. Just laughable. 

Billie Eilish is at that point of her career now where if her name is on the nomination list, you can almost be 100% assured the voters will pick her even if it’s not the best song or her best work. I say this as a fan lol.

Edited by eddyxx

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

fucking hell. Why can’t they get this part right 

What did Norman Lear do for movies?

I do agree that having dancers is distracting and unnecessary, the only In memoriam I remember in recent memory is when Billie sung Yesterday.

I'm pretty sure Billie and Finneas would've been easy namecheck nominations last year as well if the Academy wasn't allergic to the type of boy band fluff that the Turning Red songs were meant to be parodies of.

Lili does have another project coming out soon that was promoted during the Oscars last night. A limited series opposite Riley Keough premiering on Hulu next month. We'll see if that catches on or not.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I feel bad for Lily Gladstone because she deserved the award, in my opinion.

I feel bad for Emma Stone because a lot of people are going to find Poor Things extremely off-putting and, because of said performance, perhaps a bit pedophilic.

This is the 2nd time Ive seen some one mention pedophilia about that movie.

I haven’t seen it or know anything about it.  On the other site I saw it mentioned, they said it normalizes pedophilia. Surely Emma Stone did not play a pedophile?

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I haven’t seen it or know anything about it.  On the other site I saw it mentioned, they said it normalizes pedophilia. Surely Emma Stone did not play a pedophile?

She does not. But it's the same people saying Wonder Woman raped that dude in WW84.

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Emma Stone plays a character who is basically a child in an adult's body so her body has already reached sexual maturity but she has no inhibitions. She ends up having a lot of sex early on in the film which should really be a critique of men taking advantage of her and trying to control her but it's not like you can really expect people to not embarass themselves on the internet.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

She doesn't lol. The only reason people are trying it with that angle is because she plays a woman with the mind of a baby (literally) in the movie.

12 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I howled.