Grand Cine

Weekdays Thread (3/11-14)

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Holds for this have been insane. If it follows Panda 3 from this point on, it finishes with 215M+. Now, I don’t think it’s going to keep up with that movie, but 200 doesn’t seem THAT far fetched right now.

Remember that it's spring break though. The real test is next week

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Starphanluke said:

Dune 2 has such fascinating patterns. Soft Tuesday and Friday bumps, but massive Saturday bumps and muted Thursday drops. I imagine it’s all just impacted by spillover PLF demand and runtime.

Yeah, the demand for PLF being so high  probably means the business for those screens has been suer-steady outside of Saturdays, when more people can do screenings at any point in the day.

Overindexing in Canada big time ye, here in Quebec the 2nd weekend drop was 32.66%

Contributes to domestic BO so yeah

And 1 for 1 USD vs CAD too  :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yes. Barbie $800M WW please.

(For my own box office knowledge) Just wondering why you think Dune will reach just $28-29M off a $4.5m Thurs?

8 minutes ago, ando said:

(For my own box office knowledge) Just wondering why you think Dune will reach just $28-29M off a $4.5m Thurs?

28% schools are off this week due to Spring breaks. FRI bump this week is less than previous week historically. Last week FRI bump was 90%, this week probably 80-85%.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

28% schools are off this week due to Spring breaks. FRI bump this week is less than previous week historically. Last week FRI bump was 90%, this week probably 80-85%.

What I suspected. Thanks.