Grand Cine

Weekdays Thread (3/11-14)

Dune 2 is currently at 66% of Batman's gross on the same day. It has increased its percentage from 57.1% on day 1, to now 66.3% on day 12. If it now didn't increase that percentage at all going forward, it would make exactly $250,500,000 (or so). I'd say that's locked up.

• Like 9

Yeah It's coming for better legs than Batman cause 1) It's a Better movie 2) people have only to see part One if they want to see It, while the 139th movie about the same character has a large part of the population just don't care about It anymore no matters how they hear It's good. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Knock It Off 1

IMAX is really helping Dune's legs here. Oppenheimer effect is happening. People are willing to pay more for PLF.

Makes me wonder if we get a bunch of added action scenes in the next Dune movie. Book readers may be angry, but it is what the audience has come to expect.

Edited by Mojoguy

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Won’t know about dune 2 legs until Godzilla it’s very plf heavy audience 

should be good until then 

With both being WB, I think they would be fine with Dune and Kong sharing PLF screens.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Dune 2 still pretty much holding up like Batman 2022, not much better to break a trend. The movie needs a better hold to make 250m domestic or 700m worldwide an easy pass.  

Dune 2 will be at around 205M after a 30M 3rd weekend. Almost impossible to miss 250M at this point!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Won’t know about dune 2 legs until Godzilla it’s very plf heavy audience 

should be good until then 

its keeping the biggest Imax screens even with Zilla opening. That is where its selling out almost all shows. 

@titanic2187 you need to redo the math if you think 250m is in question at the moment !!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its keeping the biggest Imax screens even with Zilla opening. That is where its selling out almost all shows. 

@titanic2187 you need to redo the math if you think 250m is in question at the moment !!!

If it followed batman from here, it's gonna finish 248m. That is why I said "Break the trend", like how Dune 2 start leaving Logan's run well behind since last mid-week.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

If it followed batman from here, it's gonna finish 248m. That is why I said "Break the trend", like how Dune 2 start leaving Logan's run well behind since last mid-week.  

By my count around 259 using 4.5M WED but Dune is weekday heavier than Batman.

I expect later legs to be better than Batman. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder

I don't see how Dune 2 only makes $250m. It is on track for a $65m second week. Even if it has just fine legs after second week like Barbie that would still put it above $275m. If it has legs like Oppenheimer (probably more likely) then it is at $290m.

Batman had a very early streaming release and Logan had big competition from Kong and BATB early on so neither are really comparable.

• Like 6

Batman is kinda useless because it was holding amazingly until they put it on streaming and the movie simply fell of a cliff 

Dune should get way better late legs because it won’t be on streaming for “free” that soon. 

And yes, should be -205M by SUN with a 28-30M weekend. It really would need to fell of a cliff as well to miss 250M. 

Even the competition problem seems like it won’t be so big, Dune 2 seems to be keeping a decent portion of IMAX screens against Godzilla.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Would get to 175M if it followed Dragon 3's run. And while the comparison isn't totally perfect, spring break and all, I think it can still get to 200M+ with its more favorable release calendar. Could even reach the first film (obviously unadjusted lol), which is still weird to think about.

8 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah It's coming for better legs than Batman cause 1) It's a Better movie 2) people have only to see part One if they want to see It, while the 139th movie about the same character has a large part of the population just don't care about It anymore no matters how they hear It's good. 

In my opinion - more people care about Batman (even the 139th adaptation) than care about Dune. Batman vs Superman will have a higher WW gross than Dune Part 2.