kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Chalamet is just a much better actor than Holland, let's be honest.

Laurence Olivier can’t beat Timothee

Side-note: I’m on my third mimosa. Might be impacting my brain a bit, but I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Between Dune and GvK it appears day to date streaming in 2021 had a bigger effect than thought, though of course some of this is people that watched it on streaming that would not have seen it in theaters in 2021 COVID times. All I know is between how the adult market has turned out since then and the day to date streaming stuff, everyone was wayyyyy too harsh on In The Heights, huh?

I think Dune's international performance compared to domestic says it all. Yes, part 2 has increased internationally, but it's not a huge jump overall, from an already great result for part 1. Domestically, meanwhile, it's night and day. MAX was not a thing internationally in 2021, so it's very clear what happened there.

Obviously I'm not arguing part 1 would have made 250+ domestically without MAX, but it's evident just how much it impacted the domestic numbers when you look at and compare the international results for the two films.

And GxK is probably going to end up in a similar situation...

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Between Dune and GvK it appears day to date streaming in 2021 had a bigger effect than thought, though of course some of this is people that watched it on streaming that would not have seen it in theaters in 2021 COVID times. All I know is between how the adult market has turned out since then and the day to date streaming stuff, everyone was wayyyyy too harsh on In The Heights, huh?

This feels like an omen for a $90m opening for Mortal Kombat II….

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

bruh it’s not even 1 pm on the east coast.

Well we’re out of champagne, so I’m done with that. Maybe I’ll have some of the white wine we have in the fridge later.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

First 100M movie since MEG: THE TRENCH?

Hollywood? Maybe.

I have not been much in the Chinese thread lately. So boring for US movies the last few years. But there could come a turn around. 
I hops so

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Godzilla 1998 still remains the king of admissions for American Godzilla movies!

il_fullxfull.4394361840_lhjx.jpg

$265.9 million domestic it adjusts to at today’s ticket prices. I remember it was considered a disappointment at the box office that summer. It was hyped to hell for a good year of course, and was following Emmerich’s ID4 behemoth. 

Truth is WW it adjusts to over $700 million and I quite like the movie too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

$265.9 million domestic it adjusts to at today’s ticket prices. I remember it was considered a disappointment at the box office that summer. It was hyped to hell for a good year of course, and was following Emmerich’s ID4 behemoth. 

Truth is WW it adjusts to over $700 million and I quite like the movie too. 

Phantom.

Can KFP4 surpass PIB 2 in worldwide total (481M) , i think it's really possible. If it's the case , it would be the best dreamworks movie on box office since Dragons 3 in 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven’t been on here this weekend. How is audience reaction to GxK?

also is the CGI as terrible in the movie as it is in the trailer?