kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

justice for BR2049 :ph34r:

BLADE RUNNER 2049 (2017)A-

I don’t understand at all, one of the most baffling audience reaction out there. 

The movie itself is great, I witness it myself. It pays tribute to one of the most important component of the human civilisation, Book. The movie constantly remind us what give human beings its power over the earth. The ability to store knowledge through words and book that many seem to forget or take it for granted in this digital era. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case, though we have no way of accurately measuring that.

At a certain point you just have to let your bitterness go. Fall Guy is far from the first critically-praised flop and it will surely be nowhere near the last. There will still be other movies to look towards.

Yeah I know.Just exaggerating a little. Yep it's not the first and it won't be the last. Maybe gosling just should not do action comedies with Guy in the title. Maybe that's the lesson. 😃

• Haha 1

That Saturday bump for Apes is quite healthy. Overall, I would say 2024 openers do better for their first Saturday jump compared to what we had in the past 2-3 years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That Saturday bump for Apes is quite healthy. Overall, I would say 2024 openers do better for their first Saturday jump compared to what we had in the past 2-3 years. 

Strong Saturdays are a sign that the casuals are coming back at least somewhat.

• Like 2

Pretty decent weekend for Apes all things considered. Probably won't know what the real actual WOM is until next weekend. Anything higher than a 55% drop would not be good. IF should not hurt it really and I don't think it loses it's PLFs to that.

33 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Maybe gosling just should not do action comedies with Guy in the title. Maybe that's the lesson. 😃

Only one Canadian Ryan can have a movie with Guy in the title make money, it's a law of nature.

• Haha 1

So looks like we are gonna fall a bit short of the 2023 weekend comp. I don't think IF is gonna open to Fast X numbers so next hope there looks like it's gonna be people embracing the Garfuriosa meme.

10 minutes ago, AniNate said:

At my closest theater IF is getting the four earlier XD showtimes next week and Apes is just getting the evening one

Really? There is nothing I see in IF that makes me feel it needs to be see in a large format. This is one of the problems with theatrical right now. They are marketing to people saying see it on the biggest screen possible but if the big movie has only one weekend to have those screens before losing it than people are just like well might as well wait until I can stream it now because my theater cut the showtimes way down for those screenings in the second weekend.

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case, though we have no way of accurately measuring that.

At a certain point you just have to let your bitterness go. Fall Guy is far from the first critically-praised flop and it will surely be nowhere near the last. There will still be other movies to look towards.

D&D last year was a greater injustice. Better critical and audience reception, too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Im seeing the same thing, IF is taking over the XD screens. Seems like a mistake.

And they are all going to be scratching there head wondering why IF is playing to half empty auditorium's.While Apes takes a massive hit. Because one demands the large formats and the other does not. 

2 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

The overseas hold for a lot of films this weekend were really bad for some reason aren’t there holidays going on in overseas markets or has that not happend yet

Some of those holidays were last week, like I think May Day is pretty big in some countries

3 minutes ago, Squire said:

D&D last year was a greater injustice. Better critical and audience reception, too. 

Yeah I really like both movies and neither one of them deserves the results they are getting or got. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

And they are all going to be scratching there head wondering why IF is playing to half empty auditorium's.While Apes takes a massive hit. Because one demands the large formats and the other does not. 

I mean, idk, clearly they're gambling on there being pent-up demand for a kids movie. There definitely was with Panda 4 and tracking is notoriously bad with that genre. They may very well know something we don't. IF is more or less matching Panda 4's opening in France right now.

Edited by AniNate