kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [05.13 - 05.16, 2024] | Thursday | 2.92M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Why is Tarot holding so well lol. Everyone I know who’s seen it (which is one person) hated it, and she doesn’t have high standards for horror.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Why is Tarot holding so well lol. Everyone I know who’s seen it (which is one person) hated it, and she doesn’t have high standards for horror.

Very surprised as well. It has already reached breakeven point.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Same reason Night Swim held so well. Horror fans have literally nothing to watch.

My friend who has been seeing these Spider-Man re-releases said that TASM2 last night still had the X-Men: Days of Future Past mid credits scene from back when those movies came out a decade ago lol (it was removed from all the home viewing versions). One of the perks of movies being made starting in the digital projection era is that studios can reissue them whenever they like just by pulling the original copies from the vaults with no need to remaster them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, harry713 said:

This will clear 40m before the weekend, and will clear a 3x multi when all is said and done. 46-48m. Not bad. 

If it continues with these small drops, I think 50M is possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Non-existent Saturday bumps and now the same drop from Sunday to Monday that it had from Saturday to Sunday. Never seen a movie (at least a major wide release) hold quite like this.

• Like 8

I thought that Challengers number was a typo. 

-38% from Sunday and -26% from last Monday. Excellent.

Tarot also down only -29% on its first Monday. Impressive. I haven’t had time to see it yet, and my local are pulling it this weekend already. 

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Non-existent Saturday bumps and now the same drop from Sunday to Monday that it had from Saturday to Sunday. Never seen a movie (at least a major wide release) hold quite like this.

Someone with more data knowledge than me, is it at all plausible that this film just does not play in matinees? I feel like part of the Saturday bump is that it is a true "weekend day" where people are cool seeing a movie anytime from morning to late night, but if Challengers is only really doing evening crowds because of its sexy movie rep, I feel like that would explain why it basically holds the same day to day.

• Like 4