kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [June 10 - 13, 2024] | Thursday | 4.48M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

14 minutes ago, Juliet said:

I remember the first time I saw the Lord of the Rings trailer in the Cinema. It was with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I've never seen anything like it since. People were in awe. I wonder how many were seeing those films in the cinema for the first time this weekend? 

The movies have had 7-9 rereleases through the years so people have had a lot of chances to see them for the first time. I think most of its auds are the diehard fans, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

On a $55 million budget, these box office numbers are not great.

It’s a bigger success than Air, also from Amazon. So I think they’ll be happy with this and continue to go theatrical with some of their films. 

Also, Fellowship of the Ring is the only film I ever fell asleep during in the cinema. A chore.

• Heart 1

So Hit man numbers are finally out. And guess what, they're not great.

Almost 3 times worse than Atlas' debut, and french shark movie got 40.9 M views against Hit man's 10.8 M

Edited by cinema pal

25 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

Almost 3 times worse than Atlas' debut, and french shark movie got 40.9 M views against Hit man's 10.8 M

Oh wow, I was just partially joking when I said Atlas would do better numbers, wasn’t expecting it to do so much worse.

1 hour ago, cinema pal said:

Why do people enjoy watching bad movies at home, but reject them in theaters? It used to be that bad movies were box office gold from time to time...like Paul Blart made 146M domestic a few years ago.

52 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Why do people enjoy watching bad movies at home, but reject them in theaters? It used to be that bad movies were box office gold from time to time...like Paul Blart made 146M domestic a few years ago.

If you don’t care about a film you can read your emails/texts, fold laundry, and scroll through instagram while you watch, all for “free”

Edited by Speedorito
Care about a film…I am incapable of typing every necessary word on this site
  • Like 6

Wow nice hold "Bad Boys" with 6.25.  I heard there was a T-Mobile deal for Today on Tuesday, hope for a nice bump.  Also with WOM being good, I'm hoping for a nice drop this weekend.  Also this year has blown my mind.  Seeing "Episode I" and "Return of the King" in the Top 2 on the charts is wild.   Lastly could "Garfield" crawl to 100 Million domestic? or will "Inside Out 2" Stop it's momentum.  

Edited by filmscholar

Challengers has $140 mil now? Holy crap! That $120 mil projection I based off that May Day hold ended up still being an underestimate. Terrific run for it and so much for all that budget grumbling.

I assume it must still have a bit of gas left since it just opened in Japan.

Edited by AniNate

Actually seems like that might just be a data error on BOM's part, looked around the web and I don't see any indication of a Japan breakout, which would seem to be the only thing that would lead to a $50 mil jump in global box office over a weekend.

40 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Actually seems like that might just be a data error on BOM's part, looked around the web and I don't see any indication of a Japan breakout, which would seem to be the only thing that would lead to a $50 mil jump in global box office over a weekend.

There's never been a Japanese OW of any movie that was $50m lol

Movie Title Distributor Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
1 (1) Bad Boys: Ride or Die Sony Pictures $7,250,000 +17%   3,885 $1,866 $69,995,171 5
- (3) The Garfield Movie Sony Pictures $1,765,000 +57% -26% 3,959 $446 $71,506,771 19
- (5) The Watchers Warner Bros. $975,000 +31%   3,351 $291 $8,722,483 5
- (7) Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga Warner Bros. $685,000 +48% -59% 2,984 $230 $59,819,188 19
- (-) Haikyu!! The Dumpster Battle Crunchyroll $190,000 +37% -53% 1,119 $170 $6,142,548 12
- (-) Sight Angel Studios $65,557 +75% -74% 634 $103 $6,921,770 19
- (-) Tarot Sony Pictures $28,000 +29% -56% 247 $113 $18,376,594 40

7   $10,958,557      

• Like 1