Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

15 minutes ago, dallas said:

Not surprised after the Thursday number held so well (-6% from Wednesday). Looking like Bad Boys is going to have a very good run, as many suspected. These are very crowdpleasing films.

Β 

The top two alone this weekend are going to total close to $200M!

3 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Kinda crazy that even with a $200M opening D&W wouldn't be lockedΒ for the top of 2024 domestic box office if this does over $150M OW. I'd asume it will be frontloaded because of the crossover aspect.Β 

Only thing holding Deadpool back is the R rating. If it was PG-13, it would have been an easy win DOM along with Billion WW.

Also it was talked about earlier that Moana 2 will obviously be huge but this also seems like an especially excellent sign for next year's Zootopia 2 as well.

Β 

I also think Mufasa won't see nearly as bad of a drop as many are probably think it will (though it's for certain seeing a bit of a decrease from the '19 movie). Underestimate the overall power of the Lion King brand at your own peril.

• Like 1

Im someone who cheers when big movies underperform and even I'm excited by these numbersΒ 

9 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

oh, I almost forgot; toy story 2 might just best the movie of the 90'sΒ 

Β 

Nah I'll tell you the best movies from the 90s:

Β 

1. Schindler's List

2. Fight Club

3. Good Will Hunting

4. Pulp Fiction

5. Fargo

Β 

Edited by ringedmortality

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Maybe if they change the goal to "biggestΒ live action DOM and WW"

That sounds more reasonable. For the record, I think Joker 2 is gonna be HUGE. One billion would not shock me.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dallas said:

That sounds more reasonable. For the record, I think Joker 2 is gonna be HUGE. One billion would not shock me.Β 

Β 

as long as Joker 2 get a release plan in China

Β 

Spoiler

which might be on the table

Β 

• Astonished 2