Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

3 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

I'm shocked with how low Furiosa is looking to drop considering the loss of theaters this weekend. That's also great for Apes, where did that come from

Disney movies always have amazing holds whenever a new Disney movie come out. Don't know if it's fudging or double features, but it's a common occurrence. As an example, Aladdin came out in 2019, Dumbo went up a whopping 250% from last weekend, with its PTA quadrupling as if by magic ooohhh

Β 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/2019W21/?ref_=bo_rl_table_10

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

63% female. It is very very female skewing.
Β 

PostTrak exits are still huge at 89% positive, 71% definite recommend with 63% women attending and 21% of the audience under 12, 32% between 13-17 (the largest demo), and 51% between 18-34.Β Β The sequel is playing best in the West, Mountain and Midwest with the AMC Dine-In Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida, the best location in the nation with $162K so far. Imax and PLFs are accounting for a quarter of the weekend’s ticket sales so far with 14% from 3D.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Where we can read about these demographics for Inside Out 2?

Β 

I think a big female audience could be really good for IO2 legs.

Edited by Kon

I find this interesting:

Β 

"The chief reason why audiences went to see Inside Out 2 is because 46% of the crowd said it looked fun, while 34% of moviegoers are fans of the franchise. In a clear sign that Disney+ family subscribers will continue to come out to great movies, PostTrak noted that 52% of those watching Inside Out 2 are subs of the Mouse House service, while 44% have Hulu, 43% have Prime Video and 66% have Netflix. If a Disney+ subscriber were to wait and watching Inside Out 2 at home, their kids would experience immense FOMO for these event films won’t hit the OTT service for another 80-90 days, if not more."

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

A but surprised by it, I know the main characters are females but I found the whole concept as universal as other Pixar moviesΒ 

I feel the concept is more appealing for women. Not to mention that IO and IO2 focus more on the female characters and their personal conflicts.

Β 

I think Disney/Pixar knows this. That's why they introduced many female characters, while only one male character.

Edited by Kon

14 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

A but surprised by it, I know the main characters are females but I found the whole concept as universal as other Pixar moviesΒ 

Women are more in touch with their emotions

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This weekend likely generating aggregate weekend gross of over 200m. The biggest single weekend since barbieheimer weekend. This weekend is another golden example of counter programming and how a healthy industry should look like.Β 
Β 

IO2 blow up and beat the most optimistic expectation. However one single monster didn’t hurt BBDL to drop less than 50% in second weekend. One of the best second weekend hold for a major tentpole.Β 
Β 

Meanwhile, Apes seem to getting spillover crowd hunting for PG13 action movie. Garfield, hold surprisingly ok against IO2. Maybe some parents thought IO2 is too mature and Garfield is more suitable for younger kids.Β 
Β 

Neither Fall guys and Furiosa went complete missing under the weigh of IO2.Β 
Β 

All in, almost everyone is a winner of someways.

Β 

Β 

Β 

What really has helped is that it doesn't look like theatres went overboard in screen counts. Probably because they under estimated this, but it seems like it's been grabbing 20-25% of multiplex screens at most.

Β 

When you consider that scarcity of screens was common with the Barbenheimmer situation as well, I'm hoping it leads to more of this. It helps when theatres have an abundance of options, but when people who start hearing how hard it is to get tickets to something, it creates the hype and buzz, and I think we're seeing it play out here.

19 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

63% female. It is very very female skewing.
Β 

PostTrak exits are still huge at 89% positive, 71% definite recommend with 63% women attending and 21% of the audience under 12, 32% between 13-17 (the largest demo), and 51% between 18-34.Β Β The sequel is playing best in the West, Mountain and Midwest with the AMC Dine-In Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida, the best location in the nation with $162K so far. Imax and PLFs are accounting for a quarter of the weekend’s ticket sales so far with 14% from 3D.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Gotta fix that 18-34 % Deadline b/c ummm, Math...

Β 

Anyway, I got the heavy female skew right...but good on Pixar for appealing across all diverse demos (got the Caucasian/Taylor Swift skew wrong)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

Diversity demos for IO2: 40% Latino/Hispanic, 31% Caucasian, 13% Black, 10% Asian, and 6% Native American/other.

Diversity demos for The Super Mario Bros Movie: 41% Latino/Hispanic, 30% Caucasian, 15% Black, and 14% Asian/Other

Β 

This is going to be massive

Β 

https://deadline.com/2024/06/box-office-inside-out-2-1235973432/

Β 

Β 

It's interesting how these movies are big on Latino/Hispanic audience.

Β 

It doesn't seem to be due to representation. There is a relevant Latina character in IO2, but her role doesn't seem big.

Edited by Kon

58 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Frozen 3 is going over $180M OWΒ 

Toy Story $150M

zootopia seems like a $120M type of film

Β 

people are hungry for loved IPsΒ 

Toy Story 5 is the one in need of a hook... maybe giving Buzz and Jessie and the others a bigger part is a good start. That franchise may have hit its ceiling.

Β 

We'll have to wait and see how Moana 2 does before we really predict Zootopia and Frozen... but I do feel like these movies will keep setting Thanskgiving records if they stay Thankgiving releases.

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Β 

Gotta fix that 18-34 % Deadline b/c ummm, Math...

Β 

Anyway, I got the heavy female skew right...but good on Pixar for appealing across all diverse demos (got the Caucasian/Taylor Swift skew wrong)...

That is how America BO should perform. BBDL was β€œjust” a 56m opener, it shouldn’t start hurting diversity turnout for IO2. If IO2 is somehow hurt by BBDL like how you worried, then the USA is truly doomed from inside out.Β 

2 minutes ago, Kon said:

Β 

Β 

It's interesting how these movies are big on Latino/Hispanic audience.

Β 

It doesn't seem to be due to representation. There is a relevant Latina character in IO2, but her role doesn't seem big.

Animated movies in general overindex with Hispanics.. Mario, Kung Fu Panda, Garfield. Not sure why that is if I’m being honest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That is how America BO should perform. BBDL was β€œjust” a 56m opener, it shouldn’t start hurting diversity turnout for IO2. If IO2 is somehow hurt by BBDL like how you worried, then the USA is truly doomed from inside out.Β 

Well, BBDL main audience were black people, which is a small part of IO2 audience.Β So, both movies could be big on diversity, but they still appeal different demographics.

Β 

That said, Hispanics were the second or third main audience for BBDL.

Edited by Kon

Just now, Eric S'ennui said:

Animated movies in general overindex with Hispanics.. Mario, Kung Fu Panda, Garfield. Not sure why that is if I’m being honest.

Β 

Higher fertility rate is a factor I'm sure

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

They're generally a much younger demographic in the US with more children.

That hold for bad boys is insanely good considering it lost all of its premium screens and a lot of the audience for that film is the same audience for inside out 2 I wonder if people are doing double screenings of both those movies or something. Also why is the holiday on a Wednesday Instead of Monday.