Eric is Anxious

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah, sure nobody cares about one of the most knowledgeable users on the best subreddit of the best social media website of all timeΒ πŸ™„

Yes. We don't care.

Β 

I'm sorry to break the news to you. I understand you're very passionate about r/boxoffice. I know there are a ton of users in there you love to pieces. But this kind of stuff has gotten on folks' nerves and doesn't add much of anything. Plus, is this kind of idolization of random Redditors who got a few miscellaneous predictions right over how much money a silly kids movie madeΒ reallyΒ something you have to do? Is it truly such an incredible, astonishing feat that you have to push these random users down our throats? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think that's the case.

Β 

Now you aren't breaking any rules, so I guess you can do this, if youΒ reallyΒ think it's more important than breathing that you have to share random Reddit users on here and what they have to say about some silly kids movies, despite everybody on here being annoyed or tired by it. But I hope you recognize that people are starting to get fed up with you every time you do it.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

20% increase tomorrow in mid june on a father's weekend is expecting too much. 10% would be awesome. It would benefit from spillover as many markets had tons of sellouts. Canada and NY have school and so those markets would see big jumps. Rest could stay flat to drop even in some markets.Β 

I agree +20% on paper seems like way too much to ask forΒ 

But this movie has so far, turned presales initially pointing to $8-10M THU into $11-12M in just a week of late tracking, turbocharged to $13M right at the end, had the single biggest day walkup increase for any movie ever post-COVID on Friday, and somehow had a THU to TFRI multiple bigger than Elemental, a movie which didn’t even have over a $10M TFRI

Β 

So like, the crazy unrealistic WTF outcomes that could arise here have basically been happening nonstop with this, meaning who knows?

51 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I believe the cinemacon footage was scored to No Church in the Wild.

Wait, has Kanye been uncanceled? But it wouldn't shock me that Ridley couldn't care less about cancel culture.

Β 

Β 

37 minutes ago, cannastop said:

when's the last time two movies that are direct competitors released on the same day? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

They moved Wild Robot because of that.

Β 

29 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Well we may see that soon if neither Wicked or Moana 2 blink. Seems like Universal and Disney are being more directly competitive with each other these days.Β 

IMO Wicked's got to blink... Inside Out 2 has blown up beyond anyone's wildest dreams, and Moana has to be one of the most streamed movies everβ€”it's a real hit according to Nielsen and not just made up internal metrics. It's charted for years and years after 2016.

Β 

Moana 2 did start as a TV show and maybe that says something to its quality, but it will take horrendous reviews for audiences not to show up in droves. Wicked has its own fanbase but the overlap with another colorful musical coming out at the exact same time is not ideal.

1 hour ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Β 

Reddit comments section is not everyone. It just does not have general interestΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

What about youtube comment section? I don't follow reddit.

8 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Yes. We don't care.

Β 

I'm sorry to break the news to you. I understand you're very passionate about r/boxoffice. I know there are a ton of users in there you love to pieces. But this kind of stuff has gotten on folks' nerves and doesn't add much of anything. Plus, is this kind of idolization of random Redditors who got a few miscellaneous predictions right over how much money a silly kids movie madeΒ reallyΒ something you have to do? Is it truly such an incredible, astonishing feat that you have to push these random users down our throats? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think that's the case.

Β 

Now you aren't breaking any rules, so I guess you can do this, if youΒ reallyΒ think it's more important than breathing that you have to share random Reddit users on here and what they have to say about some silly kids movies, despite everybody on here being annoyed or tired by it. But I hope you recognize that people are starting to get fed up with you every time you do it.

Alright fine. But is it ok that, if I do want to refer to r/boxoffice or whatever, I'll do it more sparingly and only bring in more insightful news? For example, somebody on r/boxoffice said that IO2 is headed for 58M+ admissions which is right ahead of The Lion King 2019, stuff like that can I repost here?

Β 

Β 

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Using rap in Gladiator ads is just following tradition:

Β 

Β 

Okay, metal rap, but people also complained about it at the time (about the genre overall, and that Kid Rock songs didn't belong anywhere near a "swords and sandals" movie). Didn't stop Gladiator from being a big success obviously...

2000 was a very different time, still doesn't excuse poor taste choices. They have to sell the movie and using a rap song in its first trailer is the dumbest decision I can think of, instant turnoff.

Hot take, but I feel like we could see a Barbenheimer thing going on with Moana 2 and Wicked, albeit on a smaller scale. Like when it comes to non-Disney properties, Disney Adults areΒ obsessedΒ with Wicked. Broadway in general I suppose, but Wicked is a big one that audience loves to pieces. I can totally see something where Disney Adults watch both movies that same holiday weekend and make an event out of it. It's just a combination of two things they already love back to back.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

That TV spot clearly was not targeted at people with refined music tastes

Β 

There was a football themed Brave tv spot that was gloriously awful

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate

How do We except Toy story 5, zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 to do seeing that they are much popular than inside out 2 ?