Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

1 minute ago, Eric S'ennui said:

YOU’RE MARRIED WHAT

Long engagement 😭 I'm only 25 fwiw; just dangerously over-worked since I got a job in finance after spending 4 years of College doing nothing but drinking, using BOT and getting great grades thanks to Chegg/coursehero πŸ™ˆΒ 

• Astonished 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Maybe I'm being a bit TOO optimistic here, but hear me out...

Β 

I think Disney seeing how massive IO2 is could demonstrate to them the value of CREATING ip. Sure, right now they are mining old IP, but at the same time, Inside Out is a relatively new IP compared to the stuff they usually mine. Seeing how popular these original films can become if they are truly beloved can hopefully incentivize them to focus on creating new IP in the future.Β 

You’re adorable. Wrong! But adorable.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Β 

I think Disney seeing how massive IO2 is could demonstrate to them the value of CREATING ip. Sure, right now they are mining old IP, but at the same time, Inside Out is a relatively new IP compared to the stuff they usually mine. Seeing how popular these original films can become if they are truly beloved can hopefully incentivize them to focus on creating new IP in the future.Β 

Β 

Pixar has two originals coming after this. They won't get credit for it but yeah, I do think Docter still values originality.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

When Inside Out 2 was first announced I was a tad sceptical not only in terms of quality but also whether the first despite its huge performance had stuck around like a 2000s Pixar film did in the zeitgeist (its in my Top 3 personally).Β 

Β 

Well this proves so haha

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

When Inside Out 2 was first announced I was a tad sceptical not only in terms of quality but also whether the first despite its huge performance had stuck around like a 2000s Pixar film did in the zeitgeist (its in my Top 3 personally).Β 

Β 

Well this proves so haha

I'm still wary on whether I'll personally like the movie much. Want to see it now because FOMO though.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Long engagement 😭 I'm only 25 fwiw; just dangerously over-worked since I got a job in finance after spending 4 years of College doing nothing but drinking, using BOT and getting great grades thanks to Chegg/coursehero πŸ™ˆΒ 

CHEGG GANG

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952shcx90gpsiwtq1meap

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Β 

That's what you might logically think. But ideally you don't create a movie just for its sequel potential either.

Just now, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

CHEGG GANG

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952shcx90gpsiwtq1meap

The gap between my professors thinking I'm the next Ray Dalio and my boss thinking I'm some dullard who lied on his resume would be big enough to cover the grand canyon. Still not fired yet! #KeepAmericaEmployed

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

You’re adorable. Wrong! But adorable.

Wait until there's a sequel to Turning Red where Mei has to team up with other women of color who turn into their own culture's lucky animal and have to save the world from a superhuman threat.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Wait until there's a sequel to Turning Red where Mei has to team up with other women of color who turn into their own culture's lucky animal and have to save the world from a superhuman threat.

More like Mei visits grandma in Florida but needs an abortion. My Panda my choice?

• Haha 1

I've never seen Inside Out, but I'm happy to see Pixar has a new director that inspires confidence. I'll have to watch Kelsey Mann's interviews, I hope he has a long and prosperous career. I might have to watch inside Out also....

18 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Looks like audiences aren't conditioned for Disney+ after all.

Β 

I think they got de-conditioned since we're on year 3 of Pixar films going to theaters first

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Wait, Kelsey Mann isn’t a woman? Wtf I’ve had this wrong for ages…

yeah he's a dude. I made the same mistake when I first heard of this movie too.

• Like 1