kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jun 17-20, 2024] | Thursday | 19.63M INSIDE OUT II | 2.85M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

58 minutes ago, Kon said:

Well, Oppenheimer was also big on older white men.

Honestly, I really think the lack of interest in movies is the real reason why old white men aren't coming. Maybe streaming makes more difficult to call their attention, but they will come when something really interest them.

Not really. 59% of Oppenheimer’s audience was aged 18-34. If Barbenheimer didn’t make the youths hyped, Oppenheimer probably would have opened and grossed the same as Indy or Dead Reckoning. Maybe even worse

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eric is Anxious said:

Not really. 59% of Oppenheimer’s audience was aged 18-34. If Barbenheimer didn’t make the youths hyped, Oppenheimer probably would have opened and grossed the same as Indy or Dead Reckoning. Maybe even worse

Yeah, Oppenheimer is definitely an outlier. Nothing about that run fits in to a nice pattern

23 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeah, Oppenheimer is definitely an outlier. Nothing about that run fits in to a nice pattern

Not sure why the age factor is here we are talking about ethnicity. PostTrak had Oppenheimer's white audience come in at 55%, that is actually higher than what we normally gotten and pretty in line with the actual national white %.  

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Not sure why the age factor is here we are talking about ethnicity. PostTrak had Oppenheimer's white audience come in at 55%, that is actually higher than what we normally gotten and pretty in line with the actual national white %.  

Dude said older white men. That was what I wanted to debunk. For white guys, yeah Oppy brought them in.

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Will a show about "Dream Productions" even if its terrible make people suddenly decide Inside Out 3 is not worth their time? Of course not same reason why if Pixar decides to do a proper sequel to Monsters Inc. how people perceived Monsters Uni will have way more of an impact than how people felt "Monsters at Work" was on Disney+.

well no one really watches these Disney+ shows. They might watch a whole movie dumped on the platform two years ago but they're not really into these spinoff shows.

12 minutes ago, Eric is Anxious said:

Dude said older white men. That was what I wanted to debunk. For white guys, yeah Oppy brought them in.

You're right. I said older white men.

I really thought the audience over 30 was bigger for that movie.

8 hours ago, Sindreee said:

Always found this opinion to be fascinating. Disney has more or less done this forever, the direct to DVD boom in the 90’s when all their greatest hits got sequels. 

And their recent money making live action remakes have more or less proved that their brand wasn’t ruined because of it, even though most of the direct to dvd movies were horrible.

Just make good quality shows and it won’t diminish anything from the brand imo.

Those remakes were done after many decades and based on their 2023 performance, their live action remakes have lost their appeal as before. 

also disney plus has not been making many good quality shows lately that actually boosts the brand of their movies i find lately. 

The reason why inside out 2 was a big hit, is cause inside out was one of my pixars most popular original recent films made. 

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, Eric is Anxious said:

It's insane even Oppie could not get Older White men off their ass into the theater in higher numbers for the most part. It really shows how little they care about  going to the movies in general I guess.

👀

https://x.com/meJat32/status/1803809783146848430

The Tweet has been deleted now. The gist of it was that he was waiting for Thursday number to get a sense of legs, and evidently the Thursday number is higher than expected. (He retweeted a tweet about Barbie, that included a 'The Last Jedi' meme of Luke saying 'I've seen this kind of raw power only once before'.

It's been deleted, so maybe his projections changed.

Edited by Those Crazy Swedes

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

It's insane even Oppie could not get Older White men off their ass into the theater in higher numbers for the most part. It really shows how little they care about  going to the movies in general I guess.

One exception: 

tom cruise maverick GIF

• Astonished 1