Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread (6/21-23)

19 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

The comparison was unfair because Illumination spent seven years without releasing an original. Now that they did it didn't get even close to Elemental 

All the examples people would give about other studios doing well and Pixar failing were with movies like Minions 2, Mario, Puss in Boots 2 and Spider-Verse which are sequels/IP. Pixar is showing what true sequel box office looks like. Only Illumination can compete with those numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

All the examples people would give about other studios doing well and Pixar failing were with movies like Minions 2, Mario, Puss in Boots 2 and Spider-Verse which are sequels/IP. Pixar is showing what true sequel box office looks like. Only Illumination can compete with those numbers.

I have beating this drum for so long but it didn’t sink in for some people until Migration and now Inside Out 2.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ryan C said:

I don't think anything is taking down Inside Out 2 either domestically or worldwide for the rest of the year. 

Domestically, I don't see anything beating IO2 in the foreseeable future other than Avatar 3 maybe. But that could very well drop from the second film unless Cameron raises the bar. 

Inside Out 2 would be the 10th fastest movie to reach $350 million domestic in 10 days just behind 3 Star Wars movies, 3 Avengers movies, Black Panther, Jurassic World, and Spider-Man No Way Home.

Number of days to reach 350 million domestic:

1.    ⁠Avengers: Endgame - 3
2.    ⁠Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens - 6
3.    ⁠Spider-Man: No Way Home - 6
4.    ⁠Avengers: Infinity War - 8
5.    ⁠Black Panther - 9
6.    ⁠Jurassic World - 9
7.    ⁠Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi - 9
8.    ⁠The Avengers - 10
9.    ⁠Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker - 10
10.    ⁠Inside Out 2 - 10

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Domestically, I don't see anything beating IO2 in the foreseeable future other than Avatar 3 maybe. But that could very well drop from the second film unless Cameron raises the bar. 

avatar 3 isn't coming til late 2025

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I'm aware. I meant I don't see anything in the slate for the next few years that could beat IO2 domestically other than the Avatar sequels.

Chill Out Deal With It GIF by DreamWorks Animation

Shrek 5 $900M+ DOM 

Don’t see anything else with a credible shot tho, not even the Avatar movies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.