kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Yes but not by much. 

$650m just needs 4.22x and even with the good drop, it still seems in target.

• Like 2

The Bikeriders run has been all downhill after that surprisingly good 1.45m Thursday preview. I thought it had a shot at teens, then certainly at least double digits, then missed that, then consistently the worst drops or lowest gains thru the weekdays and just an honestly unfathomable Friday drop. This seriously seems like an unprecedented, historic level drop off for a well reviewed movie. I honestly don't get it. They're gonna fuck this out of theaters. Hopefully it could recover slightly next weekend but after that I'm sure it'll get ripped from theaters

I know people don't really give a shit bc we have huge movies like AQP and Inside Out 2 and Bad Boys 4 doing well. But there HAS to be a place for mid budget adult dramas. Especially ones that are appropriately budgeted like this. All things considered I still think its opening weekend was fine given its genre. But it should be legging out at least 3x. It'll be lucky to hit 2.5x its OW.

Lawless in 2012 made 10m ow and legged to 37m DOM.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

The Bikeriders run has been all downhill after that surprisingly good 1.45m Thursday preview. I thought it had a shot at teens, then certainly at least double digits, then missed that, then consistently the worst drops or lowest gains thru the weekdays and just an honestly unfathomable Friday drop. This seriously seems like an unprecedented, historic level drop off for a well reviewed movie. I honestly don't get it. They're gonna fuck this out of theaters. Hopefully it could recover slightly next weekend but after that I'm sure it'll get ripped from theaters

I know people don't really give a shit bc we have huge movies like AQP and Inside Out 2 and Bad Boys 4 doing well. But there HAS to be a place for mid budget adult dramas. Especially ones that are appropriately budgeted like this. All things considered I still think its opening weekend was fine given its genre. But it should be legging out at least 3x. It'll be lucky to hit 2.5x its OW.

Bikeriders is my second favorite of the year so far, so that it's been tanking like this after initially thinking it could hit 30M DOM has been depressing. If it came out in December it would have been overshadowed by Iron Claw.

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Saudi Arabia? Impressive for a market that didn't have movie theaters until recently 

Will Smith has been doing a lot of work the last few years in Saudi Arabia to make it a notable movie market. He’s really well liked there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

$1b OS is coming for IO2, trust the plan. 

Yeah this feels like JW type run. But DM which happens to be an overseas juggernaut too is rolling into town.

850M+ is a lock. Maybe 900Mish  at best .

Edited by Liiviig 1998

9 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I agree with that sentiment. 

I just don't believe those will come from Focus Features. And I think there was something specific to this movie. This felt old already, without any momentum. I feel like we've been dragging for this to release. For ages.

I honestly think this would have done quite better under 20th Century on its original date because I really do believe there was some kind of buzz when that 1st trailer came out.

Edited by justnumbers
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

My god, that number.

:ohmygod:

Not counting 2020 for obvious reasons, the streak of at least one billion dollar movie per year continues (since 2008), and it won't end in the near future. 

PS: Somewhere in Disney: 

Happy New Year GIF

Edited by Mickiland16

BOT doesn't have complete data yet but based on the weekend estimates I believe we are back above the 2022/2023 rolling comp. $8.105 billion to $8.073 billion.

No longer in a recession, woot. Despicable Me will help pad that advantage next week.

15 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah this feels like JW type run. But DM which happens to be an overseas juggernaut too is rolling into town.

850M+ is a lock. Maybe 900Mish  at best .

A good sign it’s coexisting well with DM4 in Australia/New Zealand and Argentina 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

A good sign it’s coexisting well with DM4 in Australia/New Zealand and Argentina 

I think what’s helpful is that each movie is targeted toward a slightly different demographic. Parents who want to stay awake during the movie (IO2) and parents who want to take a nap (DM4). 

• Haha 7

42 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

INSIDE OUT II is massive,but DESPICABLE ME IV, DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE, JOKER II, and MOANA II are going to be huge in their own right. I hope we also get a surprise or two this year. Or perhaps even more. The year needs to keep the momentum going into 2025.

Gladiator will me massive. In europe the first  is one of the most beloved film ever.  In France it will me massive.

4 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

I think what’s helpful is that each movie is targeted toward a slightly different demographic. Parents who want to stay awake during the movie (IO2) and parents who want to take a nap (DM4). 

How can you take a nap when you have to hear the Minions screech for 90 minutes?

• Like 1