kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

2 hours ago, Ryan C said:

So should we be worried about the B+ Cinemascore for A Quiet Place: Day One? 

Considering the somewhat low verified audience score and how low the horror genre usually polls, a B+ is pretty damn solid. Also, it's the same score that the first Quiet Place earned in 2018. 

You answered your own question :) 

Glad to see $23m opening day for Day One. And a B+ cinemascore is great for genre, especially considering the earlier pages of this thread and the themes in the film. 

Also: Lupita Nyong’o has had an excellent career full of hits and she’s only been active for 11 years. She’s one award away from an EGOT. Lancôme makeup deal has been paying her bills for 10 years now and she got her Oscar in her first year. I’m sure she’s very happy! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Eric is Quiet said:

I mean yeah, but I guess I was just rationalizing. I just got out of Quiet Place, expected something super artsy or off-brand, and I really didn't. Just seemed weird, though I guess part of it is also that it doesn't have the characters people know and love from the other two, which I do kind of understand if that's some gripes.

Well yeah. I agree it's the worst of the modern series. But I didn't think it was bad. It gave me what I wanted, and I was satisfied with it. Though I do hope they get another director on board for the next one, which I'm assuming is going to be the case.

I didn't think it was bad either. I left the theater thinking "well, that was ok". I could've done perfectly fine without it.

15 hours ago, Eric is Quiet said:

Well, yeah. I agree, it's the worst of the modern series. But, I didn't think it was bad. It gave me what I wanted, and I was satisfied with it. Though, I do hope they get another director on board for the next one, which I'm assuming is going to be the case.

Damn, I thought you walked really liking it, babe. 💔

• Like 1

Got bored so I made my Pixar list.  I haven't seen many of these in years, and upon rewatch there would probably be some changes, but here goes:

1. Finding Nemo A+
2. Coco A+
3. Ratatouille A+
4. Up A
5. WALL-E A
6. A Bug's Life A
7. Monsters, Inc. A
8. Toy Story 2 A
9. Toy Story A
10. Inside Out A
11. Toy Story 3 A
12. The Incredibles A
13. Onward A-
14. Finding Dory A-
15. Incredibles 2 A-
16. Toy Story 4 A-
17. Inside Out 2 A-
18. Brave B+
19. Monsters University B+
20. Soul B+
21. Elemental B
22. The Good Dinosaur B-
23. Turning Red C+
24. Lightyear C-
25. Cars C-
26. Cars 3 C-
27. Cars 2 C-

Yes, I adore A Bug's Life and sorry, I didn't love Turning Red.  Womp womp.  The only Pixar movie I haven't seen yet is Luca, but I plan to.

Edited by DTP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DTP said:

Yes, I adore A Bug's Life

48 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Same, probably the most underrated Pixar movie. 

Yeah I have fond memories of A Bug's Life because it's one of the first movies I remember watching on video.

Edited by cannastop
  • Heart 1

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The Pixar movies I haven't watched are Cars 2, The Good Dinosaur, Cars 3, Toy Story 4, Onward, Lightyear. Don't know if I'll ever watch these movies tbh.

I really enjoyed Onward and was moved by its emotional moments.

And, I'd say if you like the Toy Story movies, you'll like the 4th as well. 

Otherwise....yeah you're not missing anything with the rest 😆

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DTP said:

I really enjoyed Onward and was moved by its emotional moments.

And, I'd say if you like the Toy Story movies, you'll like the 4th as well. 

Otherwise....yeah you're not missing anything with the rest 😆

I actually bought a ticket to Toy Story 4 and sat through it... but I was sleeping 90% of the time so I didn't really get any of it.

I guess I'll get to Onward someday. I did start the BOT thread for it, after all.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.