AniNate

7/12 weekend thread: Longlegs $22.4m, To the Moon $9.4m

So Longlegs is guaranteed to beat Hereditary, A24's biggest horror movie? Both DOM and WW? Would be impressive. I keep mistaking Longlegs for an A24 film.

Hereditary

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $44,069,456 Details
International Box Office $36,873,194 Details
Worldwide Box Office $80,942,650

33 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So Longlegs is guaranteed to beat Hereditary, A24's biggest horror movie? Both DOM and WW? Would be impressive. I keep mistaking Longlegs for an A24 film.

Hereditary

Theatrical Performance

I’m not too sure about internationally, as Neon sold the international rights to different distributors. Some of them might be too small to get decent releases in certain countries. Hereditary had huge international numbers for an A24 film. 

They covered their costs doing that, so the domestic run is likely all gravy. 

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Hereditary

Theatrical Performance

Talk to Me was bigger.

That's a terrible IM for Moon. It's true Friday was like 3.6.It should have went over 10 easily unless Saturday and Sunday crashed. Which is possible. Yesterday's events may have kept people home watching the news. Will be interesting to see the IM's overall this weekend.

5 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

That's a terrible IM for Moon. It's true Friday was like 3.6.It should have went over 10 easily unless Saturday and Sunday crashed. Which is possible. Yesterday's events may have kept people home watching the news. Will be interesting to see the IM's overall this weekend.

They rolled the early previews from last week in with Thur previews for the Friday number.

• Like 4

Okay pretty decent IM's for DM4 and Quiet Place. Maybe it was just Moon and  it played to the audience more likely to stay home already since there was not much excitement to begin with.

Personally the events just made me want to get away from the TV even more. 

Movie I saw was Ghostlight though. Pretty terrific and hopefully it finds some mainstream attention down the line whether it be via word of mouth or awards campaigning.

Are any of you guys able to access The Numbers right now? 

I'm just saying that because it's not working for me and keeps giving me Could not connect to database X7.

I don't know if it's just because the website is updating or something else, but let me know if you guys get the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Are any of you guys able to access The Numbers right now? 

I'm just saying that because it's not working for me and keeps giving me Could not connect to database X7.

I don't know if it's just because the website is updating or something else, but let me know if you guys get the same thing. 

i got the same thing

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Personally the events just made me want to get away from the TV even more. 

Movie I saw was Ghostlight though. Pretty terrific and hopefully it finds some mainstream attention down the line whether it be via word of mouth or awards campaigning.

Yeah I hear you. I was out and about yesterday and saw the news on my phone. Which is how people get their news now. People do not sit at home glued to their TV's with this stuff anymore.