kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

1 hour ago, Eric Twister said:

This Powell and Prattburger stuff is boring. Can we talk about Timothee now?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

I buy Timmy as a kid with a great destiny to lead humanity and as choclate maker, just not a southern tornado wrangler. 

Edited by Mojoguy

11 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Powell has The Running Man with Wright at Paramount going this fall and the JJ Abrams film at WBD sometime early/mid next year.

My guess is Backdraft back at Uni will be next after those.

Any project Abrams is attached to isn't real.

• Like 1

Loved Twisters. Might be my favorite movie of the summer.  Powell and Jones were great together. I love the original but this may be a better overall movie. Def a much better script and I cared about Kate Jones's character more than anybody in the original.  And the people saying the movie was boring and there was not much tornado action. Like what?  Were they even seeing the same movie.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I buy Timmy as a kid with a great destiny to lead humanity and as choclate maker, just not a southern tornado wrangler. 

This.  Timmy C in the Tyler Owen role.  God no.  He would have blown away after the first tornado.

16 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

How does no one realize that Twisters is actually the start of America getting Coren-sweaty…

I'm very pro that. I've got the biggest crush on Superman, so if he can deliver the sexy tenderness I need...oh, baby~

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Still waiting for Powell to take up a proper dramatic role. Everything he’s been in so far has had a comedic edge (or at least he plays a charismatic, funny guy). 

I know somebody who's done dramatic roles. And comedic roles. All kinds of roles, frankly...

146a3920dffd7b7d679f07aee74e355674bd5566

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

He'd have worked in the Superman guy's part in Twisters. Actually, think he'll make a great villain in stuff. I guess he's kinda sorta been one in stuff but he'd fun to watch chew up scenery and die a comically grotesque death in a film. Could see him as a future Bond villain.

27 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

How does no one realize that Twisters is actually the start of America getting Coren-sweaty…

That bland and generic corporate character was the new superman?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Timothee should stop being a twink so that he can go for more mature roles now that he's in his 30s. That's what Pitt did.

Actually he's 28. Won't be 30 for another year and a half. I'd watch another Wonka with him and King. Hopefully a better one than the one they did.

Again, I think he'd be great as a psychotic. He already kinda gives that vibe. A role like something to American Psycho. Maybe he's played that and I've missed it? 

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I see tim going the Johnny Depp route in the future, hopefully he doesn't have the same skeletons in his closet

His performances in blockbusters are so much safer. I don't see that yet. He didn't take any real risks like at all in Dune or Wonka. Played each pretty much exactly as expected. Not a bad thing. But not very surprising or exciting either. Kinda just a he was fine thing.