kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Hunt has still kinda been benefiting from this publicity wise with a retrospective press tour, feel like she's more willing to reconstruct the bridge now

Was Hunt even approached to be Twisters? I think not.

2 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Not yet I would argue. All about his next choices. But we're headed here, I would argue.

But still this is a big win for him, Lee Isaac Chung (who is going to book something BIG off this win) and Uni/WBD.

A fast and furious film if he sticks with universal or a dc film with wb? 

Just now, Mojoguy said:

Was Hunt even approached to be Twisters? I think not.

She had pitched her own idea earlier which got rejected. I imagine that killed any chance she would be involved. Time and money are good at healing wounds though

• Like 1

Not sure how popular this opinion will be but Sony should have opened It Ends With Us next weekend as counterprogramming to Deadpool. First of all, it’s the perfect counterprogrammer, plus it would get tons of free publicity from Reynolds/Lively combo. I would imagine quite a few tongue-in-cheek social media posts. 

Plus it would keep summer weekdays much longer.

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

She had pitched her own idea earlier which got rejected. I imagine that killed any chance she would be involved. Time and money are good at healing wounds though

Maura Tierney’s character was definitely supposed to be Hunt. 

Just now, DAJK said:

Not sure how popular this opinion will be but Sony should have opened It Ends With Us next weekend as counterprogramming to Deadpool. First of all, it’s the perfect counterprogrammer, plus it would get tons of free publicity from Reynolds/Lively combo. I would imagine quite a few tongue-in-cheek social media posts. 

Plus it would keep summer weekdays much longer.

After Twisters and Deadpool, August is deader than dead with the possible exception of Alien.

At least Twisters and Deadpool should have great late legs with barely any competition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

After Twisters and Deadpool, August is deader than dead with the possible exception of Alien.

At least Twisters and Deadpool should have great late legs with barely any competition.

Trap might break out a bit. That's 8/2. Hook for that one is fun. 

56 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

The box office winning streak just keeps on going. Like I said on Thursday, I can't believe how much this summer has recovered from the awful May we've had. Not everything is hitting it straight out of the park, but the films we counted on to be successful have not only been successful, but are pulling in amazing numbers. 

Inside Out 2 blew everything away, Bad Boys: Ride or Die and A Quiet Place: Day One nicely overperformed, Despicable Me 4 did exactly what it needed to do and then some, Longlegs gave the horror genre its first true original breakout hit, and now Twisters went beyond even the most optimistic of expectations to give us an opening just shy of Oppenheimer and Dune: Part Two. 

Also, I know this isn't that thread, but I'm going for broke on Deadpool and Wolverine next weekend. I say it does $200M and then some. I'm sorry but with how much everything has been overperforming lately and a lot of that is thanks to strong walk-ups, I'm expecting the same thing to happen to D&W. Despite it easily being the most pre-sale heavy out of all the summer films we've gotten so far, I got a feeling that we're gonna be in store for something that is not quite Spider-Man: No Way Home levels of jaw-dropping, but pretty close. 

Maybe I'll look crazy by next week, but all signs are just pointing to a number that will shock all of us. 

Would be impressive of D&W manages 200+M OW, but something tells me it will end up doing only 160+ and have doctor strange 2 type critical reception. 

21 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's weird with Barbenheimer, both WB and Uni ended up on the third week of July and they've done the same thing again but solely with Twisters.

The entire Barbenheimer campaign was Barbie being held hostage and rode like a horse while being held at gun(Nuke) point against their own will

1 hour ago, Ryan C said:

The box office winning streak just keeps on going. Like I said on Thursday, I can't believe how much this summer has recovered from the awful May we've had. Not everything is hitting it straight out of the park, but the films we counted on to be successful have not only been successful, but are pulling in amazing numbers. 

Inside Out 2 blew everything away, Bad Boys: Ride or Die and A Quiet Place: Day One nicely overperformed, Despicable Me 4 did exactly what it needed to do and then some, Longlegs gave the horror genre its first true original breakout hit, and now Twisters went beyond even the most optimistic of expectations to give us an opening just shy of Oppenheimer and Dune: Part Two. 

Also, I know this isn't that thread, but I'm going for broke on Deadpool and Wolverine next weekend. I say it does $200M and then some. I'm sorry but with how much everything has been overperforming lately and a lot of that is thanks to strong walk-ups, I'm expecting the same thing to happen to D&W. Despite it easily being the most pre-sale heavy out of all the summer films we've gotten so far, I got a feeling that we're gonna be in store for something that is not quite Spider-Man: No Way Home levels of jaw-dropping, but pretty close. 

Maybe I'll look crazy by next week, but all signs are just pointing to a number that will shock all of us. 

I don´t know mann but My gut feelings are telling me that we are about to witness a break-out of the ages. I could see this thing blowing way over 200M with walk-ups. I haven´t seen excitement like this for a movie since No way home

Edited by Geo1500

Twisters holds….

”Latin America had great holds at Colombia (+8%), Argentina (+1%), Mexico (-22%), Peru (-23%) and Brazil (-31%). Australia was down just 21%. Japan and Korea are still to release.”

Promising 

10 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Twisters holds….

”Latin America had great holds at Colombia (+8%), Argentina (+1%), Mexico (-22%), Peru (-23%) and Brazil (-31%). Australia was down just 21%. Japan and Korea are still to release.”

Promising 

Colombia and Argentina holds (even all the South American holds) can be easily attributed to Copa America. Colombia vs Argentina was a final for the ages last Sunday, from crowd troubles to late winning goals to Messi being carried off the field, to Enzo causing an international incident on Instagram live.

• Like 3