kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [07.22 - 07.25, 2024] | Thursday | 6.52M TWISTERS | 3.45M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.95M INSIDE OUT II | 1.33M LONGLEGS

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

that is the plan for some districts. To even out the holidays so that the summer vacation isn't as long. Because summer vacation is traditionally very long for the USA. Concerns about learning loss in that time.

Yes because the generations before all suffered from leaning loss.   I recall that time between kindergarten and 1st grade when I forgot my 3 times tables.  It's a wonder I ever made it to calculus.  It's the anti- fun as a child calendar.

24 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I smell some double feature

- (3) Inside Out 2 $1,945,702 -11% -22% 3,625 $537 $605,106,731 42

Why? It's a slightly worse drop than yesterday's. If it drops like 20% on the weekend then we can probably assume so.

i would believe in a harsh drop for twisters because it is bringing in a lottttt of coin on PLFs and is losing most of those to DandW. In Nashville, it sold out EVERY SINGLE 4dx showing at our 2 theaters that have them. I've never seen that before with any release. It lost all of those theaters and all IMAX showings yesterday after 11AM (it was so popular they added a 9am 4dx and that sold out on Thursday). 

Curious to see if after next week it gets any of those back, the 4dx in particular has gone viral on socials and is apparently the best film yet to utilize that viewing.

• Like 1

It's getting a DBOX back at Canton next week. The hold looks worse because of the PLF rush Wednesday but still pretty solid comparing to Mondays of other action tentpoles that lost PLF on the Thursday. If it matches Jason Bourne weekend pattern it's still on pace for high 30s.

Edited by AniNate

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

It's getting a DBOX back at Canton next week. The hold looks worse because of the PLF rush Wednesday but still pretty solid comparing to Mondays of other action tentpoles that lost PLF on the Thursday. If it matches Jason Bourne weekend pattern it's still on pace for high 30s.

Yeah not sure what the upset is here. No way in hell it was dropping less than 50% High 30s would be great for the weekend.

great numbers for IO2. That Twister drops was expected. A $35 second weekend is very good given the circunstances. If IO2 holds well, it should be ahead of Barbie (on it's seventh weekend Barbie has Labor day weekend), so IO2 would win the battle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Starting to match TS4 dailies again $650M+ might be back on the cards.

Should have a sub 30% drop this weekend. So beating Barbie is most likely locked. Jurassic World is a little tougher but I think it can reach it.