kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [07.22 - 07.25, 2024] | Thursday | 6.52M TWISTERS | 3.45M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.95M INSIDE OUT II | 1.33M LONGLEGS

Twisters should've released on July 4th or pre-July 4th frame. DM4 would release either the 12th or 19th. That would help both movies. DM4 gets more distance from IO2 and Twisters gets to capitalize off the PLFs

• Like 2

It's hard to say what would've helped when both movies are looking like sizable hits the way they are. Yeah maybe July 4th would've worked but twisters also might've lost more theaters likely for good if it was three weeks into release when Deadpool came out, but the way things stand now it could possibly be keeping 3500+ all the way through September and getting some PLF back in the interim

That'd be a harsher drop for Twisters than I was hoping but still would compare favorably to Bourne's Thursday v Monday. I guess there was a rush on Wednesday to get the last of the PLF before Deadpool took it.

Definitely seems like there's ironically more of a capacity issue for Twisters this week than Deadpool at least where I'm sitting, it's being relegated to a lot of modest auditoriums while Deadpool takes all the big ones, should get some of those back next week though I imagine.

Edited by AniNate

Yeah Twisters is going to be hit hard as expected. Even if audiences aren’t exactly the same it’s going to lose a shit Ton of showtimes and screens which will hurt it. They should have moved this movie

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

If it follows Bourne's daily increases this weekend:

$37 mil, which would be pretty solid under the circumstances

That would be great. Like I said on the weekend thread the release date was not great but they stuck with it and still made way more money on OW than most around here thought it would even a day before release. And maybe just maybe it will make the same amount in the end just do it in a different way. People around here love  to armchair qb what might of and should have happened  with no proof it would have.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Summer weekdays are coming to an end.

Some schools are back in TODAY. As in July.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/back-2-school-2024-when-does-my-school-district-go-back/YZIXN337AVBNTIKIFXD5O4HJGU/

Those are Georgia school districts and looks like most of them are going back in the first week of August.

Wtf that is wild. America is weird :lol: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Summer weekdays are coming to an end.

Some schools are back in TODAY. As in July.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/back-2-school-2024-when-does-my-school-district-go-back/YZIXN337AVBNTIKIFXD5O4HJGU/

Those are Georgia school districts and looks like most of them are going back in the first week of August.

It's very earlier than usual maybe more holidays in the rest of the year ?

I kinda get it for the south where all the schools are air conditioned. It's the "dog days of summer" and really no one's that compelled to go outside anyway. Fall has more of the actual idealistic "summer" vibes there.

• Like 1

While two studios doing a movie means it's less of a risk financially, it does mean that scheduling is tricky because you have to consider each studios' slate. DM4 was not something Universal was willing to move domestically whereas OS they were willing to open it early in some places and later elsewhere and WB had to contend with the Euros and COPA which probably made them reluctant to release any earlier than the release dates they gave Twisters OS.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

that is the plan for some districts. To even out the holidays so that the summer vacation isn't as long. Because summer vacation is traditionally very long for the USA. Concerns about learning loss in that time.

32 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

The usual for the South.  In the North East schools won't be back until around the first week of Sept.  NYC it's Sept 7th.  LA it's Aug 12th and Calif is staggered from there.