Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

15 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Funny "Jurassic World" run is still so dominate 9 years later.  

Thats because it was a true phenomenon.

I know many people here dislike the JW films, but the first Jurassic World was literally a bigger global phenomenon than the first Avengers. It was THE quintessential summer popcorn movie and people loved it.

And while both Fallen Kingdom and Dominion have decreased both in box office and in quality (though i personally love them despite all their flaws ofc), i think its still hugely impressive that the JW trilogy consists of consecutive billion-dollar grossing films. Like how many trilogys can claim that?

Thats why i truly think if the new movie next year is closer in quality/entertainment factor to the first JW than FK or Dominion, its poised for a HUGE run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

No problem 😉

There's a reason Jurassic World weekend post is still the biggest weekend post in BOT's history.

Yep that weekend came out of absolutely nowhere.

If you want a laugh, have a quick read of the posts in this club (shameless self promotion):

Literally in the few weeks up to release, people were laughing at the idea of the movie grossing 350M total.

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Thats because it was a true phenomenon.

I know many people here dislike the JW films, but the first Jurassic World was literally a bigger global phenomenon than the first Avengers. It was THE quintessential summer popcorn movie and people loved it.

And while both Fallen Kingdom and Dominion have decreased both in box office and in quality (though i personally love them despite all their flaws ofc), i think its still hugely impressive that the JW trilogy consists of consecutive billion-dollar grossing films. Like how many trilogys can claim that?

Thats why i truly think if the new movie next year is closer in quality/entertainment factor to the first JW than FK or Dominion, its poised for a HUGE run.

Jurassic World is a top 10 blockbuster of the past decade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2024 at 6:41 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Assuming a 205m OW for DP3, this is how much it will make with some OW to total multiplier for recent MCU movies

Spiderman NWH - 3.13x - 642m
GoTG3 - 3.03x - 621m

Shang Chi - 2.97x - 609

Captain Marvel - 2.78x - 570m

Deadpool 1 - 2.74x - 562m

Infinity War - 2.63x - 539m

Deadpool 2 - 2.54x - 520m

Black Panther 2 - 2.5x - 513m

Endgame - 2.4x - 493m

Thor L&T - 2.38x - 488m

Eternals - 2.31x - 474m

Doctor Strange 2 - 2.19x - 450m

Ant Man 3 - 2.02x - 414m

The Marvels - 1.83x - 376m

Updated with 211

Spiderman NWH - 3.13x - 660m
GoTG3 - 3.03x - 639m

Shang Chi - 2.97x - 626m

Captain Marvel - 2.78x - 587m

Deadpool 1 - 2.74x - 578m

Infinity War - 2.63x - 555m

Deadpool 2 - 2.54x - 536m

Black Panther 2 - 2.5x - 527m

Endgame - 2.4x - 506m

Thor L&T - 2.38x - 502m

Eternals - 2.31x - 487m

Doctor Strange 2 - 2.19x - 462m

Ant Man 3 - 2.02x - 426m

The Marvels - 1.83x - 386m

Even with Thor Love & Thunder legs this crosses 500m so that seems locked at least. 550m seems doable but still not sold on 600m

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Updated with 211

Spiderman NWH - 3.13x - 660m
GoTG3 - 3.03x - 639m

Shang Chi - 2.97x - 626m

Captain Marvel - 2.78x - 587m

Deadpool 1 - 2.74x - 578m

Infinity War - 2.63x - 555m

Deadpool 2 - 2.54x - 536m

Black Panther 2 - 2.5x - 527m

Endgame - 2.4x - 506m

Thor L&T - 2.38x - 502m

Eternals - 2.31x - 487m

Doctor Strange 2 - 2.19x - 462m

Ant Man 3 - 2.02x - 426m

The Marvels - 1.83x - 386m

Even with Thor Love & Thunder legs this crosses 500m so that seems locked at least. 550m seems doable but still not sold on 600m

Top Gun Maverick - $1193M

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

MYBFGW- $4.7B

Around 400M domestic admissions if this holds up :)

No but seriously though before getting any non-OW numbers (so no cheating), my guess is $600M DOM because that's what u/AgentCooper315 is saying

Edited by HummingLemon496

Just now, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

This gotta be @Brainbug's alt.

No, i dont think so. Since i think Jurassic World is in the Top 3 Blockbusters of the 2010s.

• Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Around 400M domestic admissions if this holds up :)

No but seriously though before getting any non-OW numbers (so no cheating), my guess is $600M DOM because that's what u/AgentCooper315 is saying

fce23b96c8a80c1bd95969fdc4d0634d2ec8a107

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Yep that weekend came out of absolutely nowhere.

If you want a laugh, have a quick read of the posts in this club (shameless self promotion):

Literally in the few weeks up to release, people were laughing at the idea of the movie grossing 350M total.

Wow, so many people underestimate just how big JURASSIC PARK is lmao.

Like in my country, it was THE FIRST Hollywood Blockbuster to break out, hugely popular on Television. Its legacy is unmatched and I'm sure it's the same almost everywhere.

Also what are people talking about trailers being bad, they were both promising Dinosaur Mayhem never seen before.

Kudos to @SchumacherFTW for the first person to support soon to be Box Office Behemoth at that time Jurassic  World.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

55 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It's settled, domestically:

Deadpool & Wolverine > Mario & Luigi 

And also I feel like Deadpool 3 is what DS2 would've done if it had good reception. As somebody who likes DS2, that movie truly did crash. 

If DS2 had delivered on it's premise like if it was truly multiverse of madness. Would have easily gotten 200M+ OW and easily 1.3-1.4 B

2 hours ago, YM! said:

I see @ZattMurdock is going through a Kendrick Lamar phase. Didn't know you like Kendrick.

Kendrick has been my favorite rapper - like most people really - for a long, long while. His show in São Paulo last year was legendary.

1 hour ago, Cap said:

WOP WOP WOP WOP FUCK EM UP

I mean, it fits me. Deadpool and Wolverine and Drake balance themselves out for Canada.

Marvel Balance GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

He's one of the most knowledgeable and smart users on r/boxoffice

Let him join then if he wants to contribute to discussion here.

• Like 1

I don’t mean to be all “us vs them” but r/boxoffice is literally one of the dumbest and most uninformed communities I’ve ever encountered on the internet.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1