Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

Didi ended up being quite frontloaded, a 44% drop on Saturday. This summer's indies were too niche in appeal to find a broader audience ala something like The Big Sick.

Just now, filmlover said:

Didi ended up being quite frontloaded, a 44% drop on Saturday. This summer's indies were too niche in appeal to find a broader audience ala something like The Big Sick.

Sing Sing does seem to be legging out. They're waiting awhile to expand it though so I am kinda concerned about the buzz fizzling before it does.

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Is Bad Boys 4 going to outgross Twisters globally? Or does Twisters have plenty of foreign markets to play?

I think it’s opened in most markets. Only way it tops BB is if it gets close to $300 million domestic. 

So in answer to your question, yes - BB4 will likely beat it worldwide. 

Here's hoping the great news continues to spill into the next few weeks. Trap is looking like it'll open well (though that it reportedly isn't being screened for critics means that we might probably want to anticipate it being it a one weekend hit at most), while sales for It Ends with Us and Alien are already strong a few weeks out. The movie business has been thriving this summer!

• Like 4

D&W marks the 6th MCU film to open over $200M while only 3 non-MCU films have opened over $200M. Looking forward, I don't see anything announced/dated besides Avengers Doomsday and Secret Wars that I think will reach that mark so I'm curious what the next non-MCU film to hit it will be 🤔

• Like 5