Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

Romulus being a success would just mean more Alien movies get fast-tracked. Even if it's a disappointment, it's a franchise Disney/Fox will never stop trying to make relevant again

Honestly, I'm fine with that as long as Disney/20th Century allow different filmmakers (namely horror) to take their own shot at making an Alien movie. 

Don't try to make any sequels to Romulus or anything like that, just let directors take the Alien IP and do something new or awesome with it on a responsible budget.

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

$21.5M?? Lmao that's a bit insane. MoM first Monday was $13M to give some perspective.

EDIT: $23M now WTF??

Inside out 2 did $22M

It'll be fun to track how long this movie paces ahead of Inside Out 2.

10 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

$21.5M?? Lmao that's a bit insane. MoM first Monday was $13M to give some perspective.

Inside out 2 did $22M

MoM first Monday wasn't a summer weekday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

...remember when I said there hasn't yet been a 200+ opening to come in under 620 dom

I don't think this will make more than TLJ domestically. But anyways 620 is an arbitrary number, 600 is the true "will this break the streak" point

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Inside out 2 did $22M

Sticking with the 21.5 number for a minute here, if that were to be true it would be a 60% drop which is not that far off from MOM's 65% drop. Still this tiny 5% difference is a 9 million gap which goes to show how incredibly strong DP3's Sunday hold was for a big SH movie.

• Like 1

We are at Peak summer. So Monday holds would be WAY stronger than say early May when MOM opened. That said being a R rated movie its potential is not as great as PG-13 movies. It still should have College kids who are still off. May be even high school kids in Junior/Senior year. That said its nothing compared to PG13 movie like Barbie last year which dropped 40.3% in its 1st Monday( just over 26m) after 8.6 drop on Sunday !!! That is the power of family with young kids that could see the movie on a Monday. Plus SH movies are inherently more frontloaded anyway. Especially D&W that has the biggest fanbase driving its OW. 

• Like 10

Expect Inside Out 2 to surpass Star Wars: The Last Jedi and The Avengers domestically next weekend.

P.S. Anyway, I will be watching Deadpool and Wolverine tonight.

I am just saying now that yall need to be prepared for disappointment at a "bad" Tuesday number. Everyone seems to forget how frontloaded massive films generally have big spillover the first Monday stunting the Tuesday number. 

That said, I LOVE big numbers so keep sending them 😀 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Let's see how night goes, it could rise to $24M, though for now $23M should be it.

Would say OKAY hold. For to be comfy for $600M+, needed $25M+ MON. Still I will wait for WED to pass any judgement.

Does it have the chance to dethrone Inside Out 2 domestically?