ZeeSoh

COMIC CON 2024

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I can't see a dedicated MCU panel scheduled right now for D23. That could change in the coming days OR most likely option would be that the big announcements (if any) will happen during the Disney Entertainment Showcase section which is scheduled for Friday 7 to 9 pm. 

Yes. You are correct. They never do this. It is always like fifteen minutes during their Theatrical Panel. You will most likely get Agatha and Daredevil footage, and probably the F4 test footage they showed at SDCC. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

From what I saw on reddit and online it can only be described as mixed.

And these are desperation hail Mary's and are not sustainable. It's gimmicks.

Online will always have mixed reception with this kind of decisions.

However, I'm pretty sure it will be a extremely successful decision. Disney really needed something to call attention on Avengers 5.

That doesn't change this is a clearly desperate move that shows how little faith exist on the new Avengers team.

7 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

That's pretty much it from Comic Con 2024.

There are only 3 scheduled events for tomorrow as far as I know. And one of them is about some dinosaurs or something called Jurassic World Chaos Theory. But who cares about that!

Right @Brainbug?

8yjk5u.jpg

• Haha 1

D23 is in two weeks and with the Marvel stuff mostly out of the way at Comic-Con, the movie panel there will likely be devoted for the most part to announcements related to the Disney brand itself along with Avatar (maybe even an official release date announcement for The Devil Wears Prada 2 if we're lucky).

47 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

@Cap I could have swore they used to have a separate panel for Pixar and Disney animated movies and then marvel had their own panel didn’t they do that in 2019 or am I wrong

Not wrong about Animation having its own time. But Marvel has never had its own panel/panel. They always share under the Theatrical Umbrella. 

it is why you’re never gonna truly have Marvel leave Comic Con, and why Hall H is gonna be the Big Announcement time. It’s the difference between sharing the spotlight, and having the whole party be about yourself.

• Like 2

RDJ being brought back into the Marvel fold feels like big enough news that everything else was going to seem insignificant in comparison. Obviously the MCU has reused actors multiple times and will continue to do so, but bringing back arguably the face of this entire universe? Chaotic and I love it lmfao.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 11:13 AM, Cap said:

Yes. You are correct. They never do this. It is always like fifteen minutes during their Theatrical Panel. You will most likely get Agatha and Daredevil footage, and probably the F4 test footage they showed at SDCC. 

They 2022 section of Marvel was over an hour long. 

Edited by Assassin

On 7/28/2024 at 7:36 AM, filmlover said:

RDJ being brought back into the Marvel fold feels like big enough news that everything else was going to seem insignificant in comparison. Obviously the MCU has reused actors multiple times and will continue to do so, but bringing back arguably the face of this entire universe? Chaotic and I love it lmfao.

Kevin Feige's Repetory Company.

If you don;t know, Repetory theater is whare actors are hired not to play specific roles, but for a entire live theater  season,, and they play a variety of roles in that season.

Has been used for along time when a director build s company of actors he uses in different roles in his movies. John Ford has the most famous, and because of he had built a stable of actors to use in his films.you have a lot of jokes about "Christopher Nolan;s Repotary Company".

Edited by dudalb