kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

Currently MCU has 1/top DOM 2, 2/4, 3/6, and 4/8. If DPW can land in top 10 (beating IO2 and JW) then 5/10 achieved as well for true perfect balance. Still a stretch goal for now

I’d surprised to learn that Mike from RedLetterMedia loved the shit out of Deadpool and Wolverine. I don’t watch that channel for a great while but it was wholesome seeing how hyped he was.

2 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

So that would put Deadpool and Wolverine at just under $800M by the end of Sunday if we go by this and the supposed $298M domestic by EOD Thursday and an $85M second weekend for a $383M total by day 10. 

Hopefully these numbers go up on both sides so we can hit a worldwide gross of $800M by Sunday. That would be amazing!

• Like 3

Saw Trap tonight. Anecdotal but I pretty much hated it lol, there were a total of 6 people in my 7PM screening and I wasn’t the only one who disliked it.

I dunno guys, I could really see this one crashing and burning if WOM is bad. It was probably cheap to make so it won’t be a bomb, but I could see 17-18 OW, 38-42 domestic.

• Like 2

Just to show you guys how much of a box office nut I am, I did comparisons to all of the other July MCU movies and their IMs from their second Friday-to-Sunday. This might help point toward where Deadpool and Wolverine could possibly land over this weekend. 

Ant-Man: 3.435x

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 3.244x

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 3.451x

Spider-Man: Far From Home 3.410x

Thor: Love and Thunder: 3.385x

If Deadpool and Wolverine were to end on the lowest end of that range and with a Thursday of about $18M (including a $27.6M Friday), it would gross around $89.53M. If it were to end on the highest end of that range, then we'd be talking about a second weekend that's about $95.2M

This is highly dependent on the actual increase from Thursday to Friday being that high and it playing like a PG-13 Marvel movie despite the R-rating, but with word-of-mouth being very strong on the movie and having pretty much no significant competition this weekend, going higher than $90M+ in its second frame is very much possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Saw Trap tonight. Anecdotal but I pretty much hated it lol, there were a total of 6 people in my 7PM screening and I wasn’t the only one who disliked it.

I dunno guys, I could really see this one crashing and burning if WOM is bad. It was probably cheap to make so it won’t be a bomb, but I could see 17-18 OW, 38-42 domestic.

Eh, my crowd (about 30+ people, edit: actually underestimating this by a lot lol. Probably more like 3x that considering that the room was like 75% filled) seemed to like it and got a bunch of laughs at the funny parts, especially one cameo. Only heard a couple people say they wish the movie was shorter.

Recent Shymalan movies have had good legs even with bad/divisive WoM. Glass still managed a 2.7x multi for example and Old had 3x. Don’t see this going lower than 48 mil if it out-opens Old

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’d surprised to learn that Mike from RedLetterMedia loved the shit out of Deadpool and Wolverine. I don’t watch that channel for a great while but it was wholesome seeing how hyped he was.

Everyone is hyped, that's the power of Cinema, it unites people sitting thousands of miles apart and connects them in a relation that millions of people watching the movie in different countries in unison laugh when Ant Man said "as far as I'm concerned, that's America's Ass"

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 3
  • Heart 1

5 hours ago, Ryan C said:

I know this isn't a bad number, but I really thought this was locked for at least $20M. 

Hopefully walk-ups can propel this movie to go a bit higher.

WB is such a loser. With Sony and Paramount it would easily take $20M. With Universal may be even around $30M.

But Warners just sucks last years, it's awful, it's awful to see what happened with the studio. 

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

WB is such a loser. With Sony and Paramount it would easily take $20M. With Universal may be even around $30M.

But Warners just sucks last years, it's awful, it's awful to see what happened with the studio. 

That’s that Zaslav magic!

4 hours ago, Ryan C said:

Just to show you guys how much of a box office nut I am, I did comparisons to all of the other July MCU movies and their IMs from their second Friday-to-Sunday. This might help point toward where Deadpool and Wolverine could possibly land over this weekend. 

Ant-Man: 3.435x

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 3.244x

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 3.451x

Spider-Man: Far From Home 3.410x

Thor: Love and Thunder: 3.385x

If Deadpool and Wolverine were to end on the lowest end of that range and with a Thursday of about $18M (including a $27.6M Friday), it would gross around $89.53M. If it were to end on the highest end of that range, then we'd be talking about a second weekend that's about $95.2M

This is highly dependent on the actual increase from Thursday to Friday being that high and it playing like a PG-13 Marvel movie despite the R-rating, but with word-of-mouth being very strong on the movie and having pretty much no significant competition this weekend, going higher than $90M+ in its second frame is very much possible.

You are doing the Lord’s work, my friend. 👍

And put me down for a $90-plus 2nd weekend. Marvel movies that hit tend to overperform expectations. We just haven’t had one for a while. The R rating is the X factor, tho (pun slightly intended).

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

As 100+ second weekend for Deadpool would be great but seems a tad too steep right now. But it's gonna smash Passions record anyways so it evens out.

DP&W second weekend could be among Top 5-7 R-rated weekends, passing Joker, It Chapter 2, Logan and Matrix Reloaded Opening weekends. That alone is huge W

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

Currently MCU has 1/top DOM 2, 2/4, 3/6, and 4/8. If DPW can land in top 10 (beating IO2 and JW) then 5/10 achieved as well for true perfect balance. Still a stretch goal for now

math-lady.gif