kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Great for DPW

But Im sad as IO2 fan first. IO2 will most probably lose the domestic crown if DPW continues to be this strong. :sweat:

Too much success for Disney lol

i wouldn’t be too worried just yet. Still a very tall order for D&W to get near IO2’s final imo. 

16 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What's everyone's top 3 most anticipated for next year?

Cap 4
Thunderbolts
Fantastic Four 
Superman
Minecraft
Naked Gun
Snow White
Mission Impossible 8
Karate Kid
Jurassic Park 4
Tron Ares
Mortal Kombat 2
Wicked 2
Zootopia 2

Superman

Mission: Impossible

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Cap 4
Thunderbolts
Fantastic Four 
Superman
Minecraft
Naked Gun
Snow White
Mission Impossible 8
Karate Kid
Jurassic Park 4
Tron Ares
Mortal Kombat 2
Wicked 2
Zootopia 2

Jurassic World: Rebirth 

Zootopia 2

Mission Impossible 8 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ryan C said:

It definitely overperformed, but I'll admit that even as escatic as I am about Deadpool and Wolverine's numbers right now and the rest of the summer films that overperformed, the adult counterprogramming that bombed this summer really is a shame. 

The Bikeriders, Horizon: An American Saga Chapter 1, Kinds of Kindness, Fly Me to the Moon, and even The Fall Guy (though people slowly showed up for that one) had potential to be solid hits, but people made it pretty damn clear that they did not want to see any of those movies in a theater. Though I still love the irony that people panicked when the franchise prequel (Furiosa) flopped and not any of those films that weren't IP-driven and were attempts to play alongside the franchise titles. 

Here's what I'll say and I've been saying for years now. Cinema-going is for events, and not a casual experience anymore. Adult counter programming doesn't work on the basis that it's something for adults. It needs a bigger hook and none of the flops have had that.

I quite enjoyed The Fall Guy, but it looks like the myriad of Netflix or Apple+ movies we've had in the last 3-4 years. Furiosa obviously a prequel to a mid-level hit from a decade ago, missing the actress that had been such a big hit with audiences in Fury Road, Fly Me To The Moon was literally screaming Amazon streaming movie and the likes of Bikeriders and Horizon would probably have flopped even pre-pandemic.

I'm incredibly surprised with just HOW BIG IO2 is - given Disney's family audiences have become accustomed to waiting for D+, but the other big hits are such clear examples of movies that lose at least half of their effectiveness at home. Whether it's because of the big screen, sound or crowd reactions, you just can't get the same experience for Dune, GxK, Twisters or DP&W at home and people know that. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Is that the actual name? :gold:

Absolutely no idea what's the issue with the name.

People wanted Jurassic City or what? Or they wanted those Reloaded, Revolutions, Retribution, 

Rebirth sounds better for what they want to do, it's a new direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Absolutely no idea what's the issue with the name.

People wanted Jurassic City or what? Or they wanted those Reloaded, Revolutions, Retribution, 

Rebirth sounds better for what they want to do, it's a new direction.

Rebirth is literally in the same vein as Retribution, Revolution and all that. 

10 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Rebirth is literally in the same vein as Retribution, Revolution and all that. 

But it sounds way better. Plus it makes sense..... This is new sense of direction for franchise so Rebirth is fine, literally a Rebirth for the franchise itself after Dominion.

What kind of Retribution or Revolution is being caused here.

Most awaited 2025 movies for me

Zootopia 2 : Easily , I love the first one and can't wait.

F4 : Pedro is in it. So yes obv.

Thunderbolts: Only because of Pugh and Sebastián Stan not interested otherwise

Cap 4 : It's gonna flop spectacularly,  and sometimes I do love a deserved flop. Plus movie is so uninteresting 

So for some reason I can't find the dailies for past movies on box office mojo. Can someone give me a comparison or at least something that I can see for myself in terms of movies in the summer on their second Saturday and what their increases are? 

The only ones that I know from memory is when Crystal skull came out in 2008 and it's Saturday increases we're typically in the 50% range. 

I can't see how Deadpool and Wolverine would increase that much on a Saturday and so that's why I'm asking you guys if you can help me out? 

What about Barbie or Oppenheimer? What was their second Saturday increase? Anyone who can help me out much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

So for some reason I can't find the dailies for past movies on box office mojo. Can someone give me a comparison or at least something that I can see for myself in terms of movies in the summer on their second Saturday and what their increases are? 

The only ones that I know from memory is when Crystal skull came out in 2008 and it's Saturday increases we're typically in the 50% range. 

I can't see how Deadpool and Wolverine would increase that much on a Saturday and so that's why I'm asking you guys if you can help me out? 

What about Barbie or Oppenheimer? What was their second Saturday increase? Anyone who can help me out much appreciated.

Barbie was +19% and Oppenheimer was +35%.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Barbie was +19% and Oppenheimer was +35%.

For Deadpool and Wolverine have even a remote shot at 100m it's going to need about a 40% increase on Saturday and I don't see how that's possible.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Cap 4
Thunderbolts
Fantastic Four 
Superman
Minecraft
Naked Gun
Snow White
Mission Impossible 8
Karate Kid
Jurassic Park 4
Tron Ares
Mortal Kombat 2
Wicked 2
Zootopia 2

To be hoenst none. 

But I will only watch these 2 movies Mortal Kombat 2 and Avatar none of the rest interest me whatsoever I might watch Zootopia if it is any good. 

Why doesn´t Sony Move Kraven the Hunter to 2025 probably the only interesting film to look forward to. It has lit trailers and then it got wasted on ridiculous release slots. They need to remove it from December 

Edited by Geo1500

30 minutes ago, baumer said:

AM&tw +38, love and thunder +34, FFH +36 (D12), AM1 +36, gotg1 +38, bb:RoD +42

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

For Deadpool and Wolverine have even a remote shot at 100m it's going to need about a 40% increase on Saturday and I don't see how that's possible.

Barbie and Opp had great legs but they also hindered each other

DP has no competition, think like this. I am not saying 100m is happening 

But 95m seems like a sure bet

• Like 2

18 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Cap 4
Thunderbolts
Fantastic Four 
Superman
Minecraft
Naked Gun
Snow White
Mission Impossible 8
Karate Kid
Jurassic Park 4
Tron Ares
Mortal Kombat 2
Wicked 2
Zootopia 2

Coogler movie

Kendrick/South Park movie

The Bride

Elio

Bugonia

The Fantastic Four

Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Movie

Mickey 17

Flowervale Street

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Barbie and Opp had great legs but they also hindered each other

DP has no competition, think like this. I am not saying 100m is happening 

But 95m seems like a sure bet

Well i would like a hundred to happen and I even made that prediction earlier in the week. And I do think this movie is something special and it really could increase 40% on Saturday but I'm just saying it seems maybe a little bit unlikely.

43 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

AM&tw +38, love and thunder +34, FFH +36 (D12), AM1 +36, gotg1 +38, bb:RoD +42

Those were all 2nd Saturdays for them?

I couldn't find M37's post but he did all the work and basically Event/FOMO movies have been carrying the box office for sometime now.  I think this is the new normal, the numbers say its the new normal.  We'll have two movies this summer that'll make over 600m domestic and those 2 movies will gross around 35% of the entire summer box office.

With higher ATP's....the number of tickets sold to get to 50m is a lot less so in theory we should see a lot more movies making 50m or more but we don't.  The Event, fear of missing out movies are massive and are filling in the gaps.

BoxOfficeMojo has the Summer box office at 2.7B. Let's write in 800m for August. 3,5B summer.  Summer box office grosses for the past 3 years.  May was awful this year missing out on a big even movie to kick off the Summer so it's not worth posting.  After a bad start the summer is grosses are back to normal but to get to normal you need movies entering the Domestic Top 10 of all time list.

June 2024 - 965 million

June 2023 - 1B

June 2022 - 968m

July 2024 - 1,18B

July 2023 - 1.36B

July 2022 - 1.13B

August 2024 - 800m

August 2023 - 812m

August 2022 - 466m (just a dead month besides Bullet Train)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/season/?ref_=bo_nb_hm_secondarytab

• Like 1